BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/3/2024 1:30 PM  #1

Non league day

Feels like club just going through motions of the same discount for ST holders of other clubs rather something bold to attract new regular fans to the club

19/3/2024 6:56 PM  #2

Re: Non league day

Space Raider wrote:

Feels like club just going through motions of the same discount for ST holders of other clubs rather something bold to attract new regular fans to the club

Looks like it. Possibly short notice thing when non league day memo got round. Quick scan of the internet shows other clubs taking the same old approach in offering discount for season ticket holders of other clubs. Got to say- would be quite surprised if anyone holding a Season Ticket for a league outfit would become a frequent visitor to HP  (they are already attached to that club) - so unfortunately could be a bit of a gesture aimed at an already captured audience. England are playing Brazil Saturday evening - no mention of that being on in the clubhouse? Only other promotion is a free drink if you have a season ticket.

There are bold initiatives though in the Southern League. Bracknell have a £15 hat trick deal - entry, meal and drink. Didcot have all admission at £5. Harrow £10 admission. Hendon - pay what you want. Others have given out free tickets to local schools, go behind the scenes, meet the players or having a happy hour in the clubhouse.Taunton foŕ obvious reasons are making an effort Saturday to get money in. Some clubs definitely making an event of it - taking opportunity to attract new faces who if they have no other commitments may come back if they like the vibe of things.

Last edited by Argus (20/3/2024 7:04 PM)

19/3/2024 9:07 PM  #3

Wasn’t there a fun day at the start of the season?
How many of you turned up for that?
England playing Saturday Evening - how many of you go in the bar after home game? Not many so why would the clubhouse stay open it’s open until 8pm after every game. The saying goes don’t use it lose it.
I am aware that the school in Chippenham are given free entry tickets, if the schools don’t hand them out it’s not the football clubs fault.
How many of you support the Bingo night and quiz nights that are advertise. I will be the first to admit I haven’t been to one but have heard on the terraces that they are a fun evening.

To say the club isn’t trying why should they bother if these things aren’t supported!!!!

19/3/2024 9:34 PM  #4

The are quite a number of Swindon season-ticket holders in Chippenham and surrounds - I’d have thought they would welcome watching some decent football for a change 😉 - and a few misguided souls who normally head west to Bristol.
The latest quiz was packed by the way - 21 tables - and no doubt a lot of punters took advantage of the £3 a pint for East Coast IPA - that’s been on offer for a month at least.  

Board footera