BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/3/2024 6:48 PM  #1

Worthing

Very entertaining game and a fully deserved win, shame about the dubious penalty but 3-1 at home against play-off contenders is exactly what was needed today. Good size crowd too for a big 6 nations rugby weekend and FA cup games

16/3/2024 7:09 PM  #2

Re: Worthing

Credit where credit due, excellent performance made even matter after watching the  dross we have seen in our homes games recently
Why can’t we play like it every week?

16/3/2024 7:10 PM  #3

Excellent performance best l have seen at home this season. The negative "let's keep the point we started with" approach abandoned today for a proper attacking outlook. Why  though has it taken until the 20th home game to change things?
I would have thought whoever picked today's MOM had a difficult job with so many contenders

16/3/2024 7:20 PM  #4

Excellent performance, made Worthing look very average, who if they don’t turn this blip around could see themselves dropping out of the competition playoff positions.
Been waiting for that performance at home for a long while, we’ve been shouting for us to play two up front for a long time, while the blue tinted brigade defended it week after week, what did we do today? I rest my case.

Last edited by Wellard (17/3/2024 11:05 PM)

16/3/2024 7:38 PM  #5

Enjoyable match today. Just goes to show that playing two up front, passing the ball forward quickly, attacking with intent, mixing things up and putting in some crosses (all things many of us on this forum have long suggested and wanted to see) is good to watch and a successful way of playing football. Finally (mid March) - a excellent and positive home performance.

Last edited by Argus (16/3/2024 9:46 PM)

16/3/2024 7:56 PM  #6

Agree - happy enough with MOTM decision. It could have gone to anyone. If it had been my choice I think Mehew deserved it, last minute addition to the starting 11 instead of Jake Evans and him and Will King bossed the midfield well

16/3/2024 8:14 PM  #7

So the penny has finally dropped.Start with a attacking team and everyone goes home happy.Shame it’s taken the best part of the season to work it out.Everything about today was positive.Long may it continue.

16/3/2024 9:15 PM  #8

A common theme amongst these posts, start with an attacking lineup and tactics and just see what can happen! Very enjoyable game, I think we can assume Worthing have gone off the boil, or did we just outthink and outplay them? Either way its 6 goals and 6 points in 2 games against 'top' teams. I didn't hear who got MOTM but agree it could have been any one of most of the team.

Good atmosphere today (helped by the positive start?) and let me say again well done to those who look after the pitch after its recent hammering by the weather. 

16/3/2024 11:09 PM  #9

Aaron got MOTM

17/3/2024 8:50 PM  #10

Proactive right from the start, a very good performance all round and a decent atmosphere meant a good afternoons entertainment.  That’s more like it!!  Can’t argue with the MOM award but best moment for me was the third goal - Ed Williams control of a very tricky pass and expert finish was top drawer. 

Board footera