BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/4/2014 1:25 PM  #1

Chippenham v Banbury

A massive game today, a win would see both teams safe from the dreaded drop. They come into the game with confidence. They were 4-2 down at half time to Biggleswade on  Wedensday, coming back to win 6-4. Welcome to all our Norwegian friends today. They should help to create a good atmosphere in the ground. Looking forward to seeing all you guys later. If we can play with the same pace & intensity as last week at Truro we will win the game. Good luck to Mark, Tom and the lets pick up the 3 points we require.   

12/4/2014 6:29 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham v Banbury

An entertaining game set against the back-drop of a noisy Norwegian contingent.  Banbury will argue long and hard about the "back-pass" which the keeper (whose run was camper than Julian Clarey) picked up leading to the first goal, but he could have easily cleared it with his feet.  A well taken second from Guthrie sealed a deserved win.  Kent did very well in goal when he had to and there was a confident air about the side today.  So much better than recent home games.  MC and TJ have achieved the first remit, now it's time for the real work to begin.

12/4/2014 8:32 PM  #3

Passing the Banbury supporters on the way out tonight who were muttering about playing against the referee as well, which is rather bizarre as I thought he was one of the better refs we have had this season!  That aside we were the best I have seen us for a while in the first half, and rode our luck in he second half but the good lady smiled upon us.  Onward and upward for next season

12/4/2014 9:26 PM  #4

Well done to you all.

Great result, onwards and upwards

12/4/2014 10:23 PM  #5

A decent but not great game, some really good individual performances again today. Great to get the points we needed,with a brilliant bunch of Norway boys here really getting behind the team. As lefty says phase one of the mission accomplished. Well done Mark & Tom the big job for next season starts soon. Let's hope the budget they need can be achieved. Well done boys.   

13/4/2014 8:51 AM  #6

Good morning Mike. Phase 1.Staying in the Calor Premier league.  Phase 2. Putting together the budget for next season to build a new squad capable of challenging for a top 5 spot. There are rumours some good players have commited to sign for Chippenham. The difficult part is finding the funding.     

13/4/2014 9:34 AM  #7

Mike - it was a clear back pass to the keeper, you're right, but there was one individual stood in the covered end who was giving the referee dogs abuse for awarding the free kick.  I'd noticed him from the start of the game as the keeper was constantly glancing at him after every piece of action he was involved with.  Probably his Dad.  He took himself off to the far top corner for the second half, out of the way.
As for new players Jono - it will be interesting to see who's on the radar but as you say, the budget will determine who we can get in.  I'd like to see Ross Adams back though - just a thought.

13/4/2014 5:04 PM  #8

I see the camp keeper Scott Dutton is under contract to Wolves next season he can't be that camp.     

13/4/2014 6:18 PM  #9

So I see.  It just amused me, the way he ran.  Made some decent saves to be fair to him, and clearly quite young, so good luck to him.  I hope his 'mentor' has calmed  down now though ;-).

13/4/2014 8:58 PM  #10

My mom today was Harley purnell

Board footera