BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/4/2014 8:54 AM  #1

Rob Dean

According to a report on Wiltshire radio this morning Rob has been told that following a 2nd operation he may never play again. Hopefully this will prove to be pessamistic and Rob will prove them wrong.

03/4/2014 9:29 AM  #2

03/4/2014 10:33 AM  #3

Re: Rob Dean

Poor luck feel for the chap was a very good player for us .

03/4/2014 12:30 PM  #4

It is indeed bad news for both him and CTFC. I expected him to be out for a lenghty period and might then voluntarily "retire" from competitive football, but not to hear he has to call it a day immediately. His health and safety comes first of course, so the advice needs to be heeded. For CTFC, although in the early games I was not a big fan of his, he became very important and is a huge loss to the future of our club. I'm struggling to remember when he last had an attacking central midfielder that regularly got on to the scoresheet like he has so far... as far back as Kye Holly or indeed, somewhat ironically perhaps, Ian Herring maybe?

03/4/2014 3:04 PM  #5

03/4/2014 4:37 PM  #6

The tiniest glint of silver lining in this sorry event has been the support received from rival teams supporters which proves at the end of the day (whilst we might "abuse" each other at matches) we really are all part of the non league family and share a common interest.

Last edited by Bluebirds2006 (03/4/2014 4:37 PM)

03/4/2014 6:32 PM  #7

Absolutely horrendous news , gutted for him and his family, lets hope he is one of those cases you read about where the surgeon is proved wrong. A fantastic lad too

03/4/2014 9:22 PM  #8

newfan wrote:

It is indeed bad news for both him and CTFC. I expected him to be out for a lenghty period and might then voluntarily "retire" from competitive football, but not to hear he has to call it a day immediately. His health and safety comes first of course, so the advice needs to be heeded. For CTFC, although in the early games I was not a big fan of his, he became very important and is a huge loss to the future of our club. I'm struggling to remember when he last had an attacking central midfielder that regularly got on to the scoresheet like he has so far... as far back as Kye Holly or indeed, somewhat ironically perhaps, Ian Herring maybe?

Terrible news.

As an aside what ever happened to kye, great player when he wanted to be

04/4/2014 12:25 PM  #9

Cooky wrote:

Kye's boots have graced Hardenhuish this season and he even got on the score sheet with an absolute cracker - unfortunately it was in favour of Bristol Manor Farm in an FA cup defeat of Chippenham Park back in September. Result 2 - 3 to the visitors

04/4/2014 8:41 PM  #10

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

Cooky wrote:

Kye's boots have graced Hardenhuish this season and he even got on the score sheet with an absolute cracker - unfortunately it was in favour of Bristol Manor Farm in an FA cup defeat of Chippenham Park back in September. Result 2 - 3 to the visitors

Wasted talent

Board footera