BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/3/2014 4:39 PM  #1

v biggleswade

Chipp 2 down on half hour. John caught in no mans land again for second.
Its not getting any better

Last edited by frank (29/3/2014 6:03 PM)

29/3/2014 4:49 PM  #2

Re: v biggleswade

3 down Ht. John lets ball though his legs for third

29/3/2014 5:43 PM  #3

Chippenham pull goal back with 5  to go

29/3/2014 6:32 PM  #4

Can someone put an end to this season, it's painful.  Poor individual mistakes killed us.  Most of them are just not good enough, not streetwise enough and we're getting rolled over by teams who aren't world beaters but have strength and know-how. 
Of the team out there today I'd keep Tindle and Smith, maybe Guthrie who tried hard today but he gets booked every week, and Griff.  Jury out on the new boy as haven't seen him properly but glimpsed enough to see he's got ability.  The rest can go.

29/3/2014 7:42 PM  #5

I'm afraid the first 45 minutes today had to rank as one of the worst exhibitions of football I have seen in many years. And just think of some of the dross we've seen over the last couple of years. 2nd half a bit of an improvement but not much and I think part of that was because Biggleswade didn't seem that bothered. Biggleswade weren't anything brilliant but ran out easy winners and apart from picking the ball out of the net 3 times John didn't have that much more to do.Just shows how poor we were.
Crowd just under 300 today but I can see that being a lot less for the next home game as must be getting down to the hard core fans.
See Totton picked up another point today and now only 9 points behind us. Easy to say can't see them making that up but just think how many points they were behind a few weeks ago. They've a couple of tough games coming up as have we so who would you put your money on on picking up the most points in the next 2/3 games??

29/3/2014 8:11 PM  #6

This is colliers team and the buck stops with him. He's brought a lot of average players in and there's been little improvement.

Bring back rudgey!!

The voice of the bluebirds

29/3/2014 8:30 PM  #7

I agree, today's first half was rank. And yes the buck stop's with Collier. To me it appears he has had to bring in young untried players that do not cost that much, due to the fact that the current contact players take the lions share of the budget. I think we can only judge him on his own team from next season, when he will have a free hand on contract players which are the key to the team's make-up.

29/3/2014 8:39 PM  #8

It has been a truly appalling season for us long suffering Chippenham fans
Three managers and using around 40 players is not ideal
I have said all along that if Collier can save us from relegation then he will have done well. A lot of damage was caused by previous two managers and a chairman not being brave enough to give one the sack and making a mistake in appointing his replacement.
I am not sure we can avoid the drop, I just cannot see were we will get any more points this season but here’s hoping..!
As for today’s game our performance was dire. We showed no pride and passion in the first half and were soundly beaten by a better team. Our more experienced players had quiet games and the other players had poor games. Our keeper was at fault for two of the goals which is not a problem as such but rather that put his hand up and apologise for his shortcomings he had a go and his own players and the fans that we quite rightly giving him a bit of stick
Let’s hope that Collier can avoid the drop this season, clear out a lot of the dead wood and start again with a clean slate next season free from the baggage of previous managers

29/3/2014 8:41 PM  #9

Most of them played like they knew they wouldn't be here next season so why bother. If that's their attitude I would bring in a few Park players

29/3/2014 8:57 PM  #10

I try to be positive normally but I'm not even sure I can be after today!?!?

I'll just be diplomatic and say the sooner this season ends the better and Mark can start from scratch and clear out what he doesn't want.....

Board footera