BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/3/2014 9:23 PM  #1

hungerford abandoned

Poss broken leg Rob Dean.

18/3/2014 9:45 PM  #2

Re: hungerford abandoned

Ian Herring red carded for the challenge apparently?

18/3/2014 9:56 PM  #3

Confirmed.  Sounds like a bad one, with our players turning away holding their heads at the sight of Rob's injury.  Hope it's not as bad as it seems.

18/3/2014 10:08 PM  #4

This is terrible news, to hear that someone who works so hard on the field has such an unfortunate injury.

Hope it's not as bad as it could be, and that Rob is back up and progressing with his career as quickly as possible.

18/3/2014 11:12 PM  #5

All the best for a quick recovery from Frome

19/3/2014 9:57 AM  #6

All the very best to Deano for a speedy recovery - becoming a hugely influential player for us so will be sorely missed - hopefully back for start of next season

19/3/2014 9:59 AM  #7

The general feeling amongst those of us who witnessed this dreadful injury was that it was a 50/50 ball with 2 very committed players steaming in fast. Not sure that it was even a foul so not sure about the red card. Somebody on the Hungerford board approached me and apologised for one of their players foul mouthing our lads after the event and said he would be speaking to the individual. i hadn't heard anything.
Nastiest injury i have seen anywhere and I have to express concern at the time taken for the emergency services to arrive 25 minutes perhaps? Good job that Scott and his opposite number from Hungerford got stuck in straight away and were obviously managing the injury very professionally.
Good luck and best wishes to Rob for a speedy recovery

19/3/2014 11:02 AM  #8

From where we were standing the injury looked very bad given the angle of Rob Dean's leg. Like Bluebird 2006 didn't look like anything nasty from where we were just two players going in hard but the ref must have seen something to show Herring a red card. Full marks to the team for the way they handled themselves and particularly mention to Griff who did not leave Rob's side until the ambulance arrived. Also we are quick to have a go at referees but have to say last night's ref handled the situation very well particularly at one point after the injury there was a brief set to with most players involved which seemed to get sorted without a big fuss by the ref. Also during the actual game I thought he was having a good game.

19/3/2014 11:33 AM  #9

Hopefully a quick recovery stay strong rob your be back.

19/3/2014 12:25 PM  #10

Interesting comments that Joiner, I thought the referee was doing a good job too - especially as the game had been quite physical up to that point. He was extrtemely assertive when we won a free kick on the edge of the area and explained in no uncertian terms that if our player backed into the wall he would blow for a foul. - Very proficient.

As for the tackle... I looked away at the wrong (The right?) moment... those I spoke to said Herring lunged at a ball he was never going to get. - I didnt see it so make your own mind up. I'm certain however that nobody sets out to damage someone in that way. Hope Rob makes a swift recovery.

Board footera