BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/3/2014 4:39 PM  #11

Re: Collier ?

Fair play to Ben John he's reacted well to the dropping - however temporary that was. All the talk was him having a hissy. Instead he's got on with it.

02/3/2014 5:46 PM  #12

Paul wrote:

What is up with our goalkeeper, since coming back into the side after the Bulman loan he has got better and better?

We definitely need more firepower to take the pressure off Griff, a fox in the box type and one with pace.

We need a good centre half as well to partner Tindle

The problem with the goalkeeper is that his positioning at crosses is poor, he was at fault for yesteray's goal when he didn't come for the cross or get across to his post to block the effort. His temperant is that of a hot head and there's times when his distribution is rushed and we lose poession either through the ball being lost or a set piece being given away.

However he is a good shot stopper just think that Collier would like a more level headed goalkeeper who can be more encouraging to his defenders than Johns can. Guess we'll find out next season.

03/3/2014 2:18 PM  #13

I would imagine bulman will join in the summer and I would welcome that signing ! Need a few attackers and wide men in my opinion.

03/3/2014 5:03 PM  #14

Hmm interesting thought needing wide men. On the evidence of Saturday's game the wings were wide open spaces so if the wide men we have got aren't played out wide why do we need more wide players????. Accept Guthrie wasn't playing but Mc Clelland was all over the pitch and hardly ever out wide. He is so much more effective taking on players and running down the wing than getting bogged out chasing the ball in the middle of the pitch. But that's been the case for the last few games and noticed a few times on Saturday when a midfield player got the ball looked out wide ready to pass the ball and noone in sight.Can't understand the tactics when you cram everyone in the middle third of the pitch.

04/3/2014 1:18 PM  #15

I reckon we had them watched and matched their formation - they really didnt have any width either and it played to our advantage with Guthrie missing.

04/3/2014 7:54 PM  #16

Newfan wasn't just Saturday, we've been playing with evryone filling the centre of the pitch for the last few games.To me having all your mid field players all crammed in one area of the field doesn't leave you many passing options. And how many times on Saturday did you see a ball passed out wide but noone there to receive the pass.

04/3/2014 9:31 PM  #17

Reading Redknapps book he let Bale go central to give him room once he'd been rumbled on the wing. I understand Mclennan is being given a similar free reign to destroy the opposition. You cant man mark under those circumstances.

22/3/2014 11:05 PM  #18

Corner flag I think you should be our next manager, your knowledge is sublime. Only problem would be getting you out of the pie shop at half time. By the way I've bought you some chestnut brown hair dye, not sure ginger suits you. I'll see you in the clubhouse next week.

The voice of the bluebirds

24/3/2014 1:56 PM  #19

cornerflag is a @nob but he is right.

24/3/2014 9:58 PM  #20

Love you too Astro, lol

Board footera