BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/1/2014 4:24 PM  #1

Player In

Nice piece in the gazette today on the return to form of Ben John but no mention of who the new goalie is who has been on the bench the last few games? Perhaps competition for the number 1 jersey has helped? There is no doubt Ben is a good goalie on his day so good to see him playing well again and he could play an important part in our end of season run-in and bid for safety.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/chippenhamtownfc/ctfcnews/10974839.CHIPPENHAM_TOWN__Ben_hopes_the_good_times_are_returning/

31/1/2014 8:11 PM  #2

Re: Player In

It's Kent Kaupinnen (not sure on the spelling) who has played in goal for Supermarine but is also a good enough outfield player to play Western League football for Corsham.  A Chippenham lad too, who I believe has done some cage fighting in his time, though stand to be corrected on that.  I'm sure our goalkeeping coach, Steve Hale, would happily get in a cage with him anyway ;-).

31/1/2014 10:28 PM  #3

I'm sure I read he is there only for cover because Ben's partner is expecting a baby very soon?

31/1/2014 10:40 PM  #4

Ah right makes sense now, remember Kent from Supermarine now, seem to remember him being quite useful? Good back up for Ben then.

How long have we had a Goalie Coach, was he with us under Nathan? Last one I remember was Pete Hussey wasn't it under Adie Mings?

Is Chris Snoddy still playing anywhere?

31/1/2014 11:27 PM  #5

Kent is indeed only coming in to cover for Ben. He only has to find his confidence, and Ben John can be an excellent goalkeeper for us. He has a good command of his area and an ability to make impressive saves, when he's focused.
He just seems to struggle at times with shots from close range, but to see him making some good one-on-one saves has been encouraging. He also tends to let his head drop a bit, if he concedes a goal early, which can be addressed with a little effort.

Paul wrote:

Is Chris Snoddy still playing anywhere?

He's another one of our former players who has migrated over to Larkhall Athletic.

31/1/2014 11:50 PM  #6

Oh, and talking of Pete Hussey - He's at Larkhall these days too!

01/2/2014 1:07 AM  #7

Our goalie coach, Steve Hale, has been brought in by Mark Collier.  He's the goalie coach for Swindon Town Academy and is with us when his STFC commitments allow.

03/2/2014 2:17 PM  #8

Surely Steve Hale surely has good contacts at Swindon Town... Keepers like Bedwell and Bulman would all do a job for us! Competition for the number 1 jersey is important.

03/2/2014 7:43 PM  #9

Understand that Bulman will be our number 1 next season when Johns contract expires at the end of the season.

03/2/2014 8:39 PM  #10

I'd be happy with that top keeper

Board footera