BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/1/2014 10:49 PM  #1

Chippenham Town vs St Neots

I was inclined to agree with Mark Collier before the game that this wasn't a six-pointer, but it's still a great victory. These home games in the depths of winter are where a hard-working team must always grasp their spoils.

Great to see Rob Dean on the scoresheet again. Really glad for him.

28/1/2014 11:39 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town vs St Neots

Another solid performance where we dominated the first half then had to defend in the second.  I thought they might nick it when they equalized but we showed a lot of character to get back on the front foot.  Hard to pick out a MOM but Oakley, Tindle, Dean would all be in the frame.  Ben John made some great saves too, so credit where it's due.  Great team effort.  Not sure how some fans think Phillips is lazy, he again put a real shift in.  Well done all.

29/1/2014 7:07 AM  #3

Brian Smith and Rob Dean have both worked well as a centre midfield pairing in the last two games and Rob is proving to be a great signing by Mark with a great work rate and an eye for a goal.

Another pairing that is starting to work well together is Tindle and Oakley and behind them Ben John was excellent tonight.

Good to see Joe McClennan back tonight and although a slightly disappointing performance from him no doubt he will get back to his better form from earlier in the season once he regains match fitness.

6 big points this week and jumped out of the bottom 4 so a positive week, even Knappy Talks was rumoured to have broken into a smile (though it could have just been wind  )

Last edited by Paul (29/1/2014 7:08 AM)

29/1/2014 12:26 PM  #4

Excellent 1st half but rode our luck in the 2nd - excellent goal keeping and stuanch defending plus some good fortune kept us in it. 2 superb goals set up by Guthrie - my man of the match - but we did struggle 2nd half and St missed 3 good chances. We seemed to have lost our width on the right as the game progressed but this was a good performance against a side who looked much sharper than Weymouth.
Our cause was not helped by poor linesman who ignored a clear foul in the box on Griff in the 1st half and also missed the very obvious offside for the St Neots goal - the scorer was laughing as he made his way back for the restart. We have seen poor decisions from this guy before. On the subject of Griff it is very noticable how much rough handling he is subjected too with very little protection from the officials yet he rarely complains. The referree's are getting very little support from their assistants and it is common to see forwards being held by defenders - (we are guilty as well) it needs some officals with bottle to stamp this out. What used to be good tackles are now penalised whilst grabbing round the throat isn't!

29/1/2014 1:04 PM  #5

This Paul is unbelievable not a real bloke fact .

29/1/2014 2:39 PM  #6

The last time I checked I was a real bloke joe  . Just didn't think you had your best game last night when you came on that's all, which is understandable as you have been out injured. I'm sure you will be back to your best soon when you get back in your stride and play a key role in the run in.

29/1/2014 11:46 PM  #7

Anything you can do we can do better 

Last edited by fromie (29/1/2014 11:54 PM)

30/1/2014 2:44 PM  #8

fromie wrote:

Apart from the attendance. 

30/1/2014 4:54 PM  #9

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

fromie wrote:

Apart from the attendance. 

Board footera