BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/1/2014 1:29 PM  #11

Re: Lee Phillips in decline???

Having read the Gazette it looks as if Collier intends to add to squad, my concern is the striking options.. Griff and Phillips are our real options left. Macklin appears to be more of a wide player to me. We cant get through the rest of the season with two forwards.....
I know who id like at the club but what are other fans thoughts? Good goal scorers are like gold dust!

28/1/2014 2:11 PM  #12

Macklin not there on Saturday? Is he still with us?

Charlie? Talk of him going to Gloucester.

28/1/2014 2:39 PM  #13

JoeMcClennan wrote:

What's going on here lads? Paul and knapp talks are both made up people no fan would ever go into so much detail 😂 I'm 50-50 if I'm fit tonight so if not come and introduce urself to me in the bar I'll buy u both a beer haha.

Careful, if there are free beers on offer you'll end up with about 30 people coming over introducing themselves as Paul.

In response to the original topic, no, Phillips is still a useful player to us. He does hold the ball up nicely, and certainly from watching him against Weymouth he was constantly moving into dangerous positions. His touch for distribution is sharp, and he's still a bloke you can trust to take his chance in front of goal.

I've felt sorry for him this season, because he just hasn't had the chances. It's been frustrating for the team generally. From the couple of times I've chatted with him, I can tell you that he expects a very high standard of himself, and not many others are as motivated and determined to bounce back as Lee after a bad result.

28/1/2014 3:20 PM  #14

Hi joe that would be lovely. Cider shandy for me.

The voice of the bluebirds

28/1/2014 5:00 PM  #15

Charlie Griffin signed for Gloucester City Inside left

Joe let's not be silly we all know you are too tight to buy anyone a drink 

28/1/2014 5:43 PM  #16

JoeMcClennan wrote:

What's going on here lads? Paul and knapp talks are both made up people no fan would ever go into so much detail 😂 I'm 50-50 if I'm fit tonight so if not come and introduce urself to me in the bar I'll buy u both a beer haha.

Don't push the boat out too far for them Joe, half a pint of shandy and two straws should do it.

28/1/2014 10:55 PM  #17

Lee Phillips has been a great striker in recent times ,just has not done it for chippenham in my eyes but recently he seems lazy and always injured sorry but sooner some of these players move on the better.

29/1/2014 12:18 AM  #18

Beatbox85 wrote:

Lazy is the polar opposite of Lee Phillips, he works hard every game! Utter rubbish

Lol that's utter RUBBISH

29/1/2014 7:02 AM  #19

To call him lazy is truly ridiculous, he works very hard for the team. The goals may not have gone is as much as he or the fans would currently like but it's certainly not through lack of effort. As I stated previously he brings a lot of other qualities to the team and personally I think more goals will come as the team gains confidence and creates more chances which they appear to be starting to do.

29/1/2014 7:32 AM  #20

Beatbox are you lee Phillips or his mum?

The voice of the bluebirds

Board footera