BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/1/2014 7:51 PM  #1

Lee Phillips in decline???

I don't if this is just me but I'm having my doubts about our star striker.

Lee's a class act but a couple of things I've noticed recently

1. His scoring record isn't the greatest this season, may be a lean patch???

2. He does seem to pick up quite a few injuries and comes off when games are tight or isn't fit for the big games.

Do you think he's past it or has bum gone??

The voice of the bluebirds

27/1/2014 9:23 PM  #2

Re: Lee Phillips in decline???

Do you ever post a positive comment or are you just negative as a person generally?

27/1/2014 9:33 PM  #3

Hi paul

Yes this is a forum so it's there to discuss topical matters of ctfc. If you're uncomfortable with this approach go and look in the mirror and talk to yourself you may get some answers you like.

I am knappy_talks and I talk the truth......

27/1/2014 9:37 PM  #4

Oh by the way 14 appearances and 3 goals. Griff has 5 goals in 15 appearances and offers more up front.

27/1/2014 11:07 PM  #5

Why not discuss something positive then rather than negative?

28/1/2014 8:47 AM  #6

Lee Phillips hasn't scored the amount of goals we'd maybe expect but I think his work rate and general play has been very good recently.  We missed him when he went off on Saturday as Corey King couldn't hold the ball up for any length of time, so that put us more and more on the back foot.  Ask your mate if you don't believe me - he played well in goal ;-).

28/1/2014 11:24 AM  #7

Hello inside left!

Yes I rate ben john and he bought me a cider shandy in the bar once but that's as far as I know him.

I also rate griff buts never bought me a cider shandy but hey that's life!!

I still stick with my comments around lee Phillips. It's all about comments and perspective.

28/1/2014 11:42 AM  #8

I think Lee Philips gives a lot to the team even when not scoring. He holds the ball up, he wins a hell of a lot of headers even against bigger centre halves and you can also hear him encouraging others and using his experience to help the players around him.

Scoring isn't just about one player and I'm sure with increased confidence within the squad as a whole, more chances will be created and he will take his fair share of those chances along with creating goals for others.

28/1/2014 12:47 PM  #9

Fair point paul

28/1/2014 1:20 PM  #10

What's going on here lads? Paul and knapp talks are both made up people no fan would ever go into so much detail 😂 I'm 50-50 if I'm fit tonight so if not come and introduce urself to me in the bar I'll buy u both a beer haha.

Board footera