BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/1/2014 9:47 AM  #1

Arseley last night 140114

Although we lost 1 - 0, in appalling conditions, the team put up a spirited fight back, and controlled the second half. Very encouraging. Thought the referee was very pro Chippenham last night, and penalised Arseley quite a lot. Makes a change.

15/1/2014 10:15 AM  #2

Re: Arseley last night 140114

Last night was very disapointing in terms of result for us but i thought the way some of players went about their business is a credit to the club.
Although.... Its still seems like some of these players just roll up and pick up their £££.I sometimes wonder if contract players actually care about who they are playing for.. If it was down to me id get rid of a few... Ive heard a rumour that Knighton will be released... Maybe the GK - im not convinced about him! Hopefully that will free up some £££ for a couple of new players. 

The players we seem to have got in are young and we need a few older heads to help us out.

No game now for a week or so.... Shame!

15/1/2014 10:35 AM  #3

Some players just don't care for sure,and there not up to the level,there is good players that would come to us I'm sure but with the money tied up with these contracts,not a lot can be done

15/1/2014 11:57 AM  #4

Funny how we see it differently - I thought we did quite well 1st half but were lacking 2nd. Thought Phillips was very strong particularly before the break but for once Griff was out of sorts - still managed a cracking shot which unfortunatley hit a defender when goalward. Thought we fell away badly in the 2nd period but Arsley threatened nothing apart from their one attempt (unfortunately successful) on goal. We never really looked in trouble but neither did they much. We must have had four corners for each of theirs but no chances came of them.
In fairness to both sides the conditions were very difficut and credit is due to the club for getting the match played

15/1/2014 12:54 PM  #5

Yes very well done getting the game on! Just never been so annoyed than ov been this season players don't try enough,I'm sorry but it's mostly contracted players I'm talking about get paid regardless so don't care

15/1/2014 1:07 PM  #6

Agree with Shaun 100%... which is a first! HA

Contract players have always been a pain in Non league football and they are somewhat never deserved. Play football because you like it not because you think its your job!

I wonder how many contract players we have compared to other clubs?

15/1/2014 2:50 PM  #7

Left the ground very frustrated last night, as our efforts deserved more.  I thought overall we did well.  Not sure if we could have avoided the goal - from where I was it looked like it took a deflection?  The one thing that lets us down though is decision making in the final third (on occasions we could shoot instead of looking for another pass) and the inability to hit corners or crosses that get beyond the first defender.  That is so frustrating to watch.
As for the contract players not trying I have to disagree.  Phillips has worked his butt off the last two games, and Ben John can't be faulted for effort.  Tindle was excellent last night (I'm assuming he's contracted but stand to be corrected?).  Not sure who else is on contract, apart from Knighton who doesn't seem to figure, but everyone who started the game put in a real shift last night in my humble.

15/1/2014 2:51 PM  #8

Kezman do you actually know who the contract players are at Chippenham? Who are you saying of these just turn up to pick up their money and don't care about the club?

Shaun who are you saying isn't trying "in your opinion"?

Winning or losing games of football isn't down to just "trying" there are many factors which dictate results.

15/1/2014 3:06 PM  #9

There is a reason to have contracted players, i.e. if a larger club comes in to buy that player then we have a chance to get some fee for that player. I do not think Tyrone Mings was contracted therefore lost out on transfer fee.  I migh be wrong, and not sure of the wording re "contracted players". Perhaps someone can enlighten to us the benefits of being contracted or not. Something to do  with age and last salary etc, I think, might be totally wrong.

17/1/2014 1:28 PM  #10

No i dont know who the contract players are.... Fans talk, players talk and the papers explain information maybe i didnt know.... although not always!!  It doesnt take long as a fan to figure out these players that come and just pick up their £££ and maybe they are not all contracted players but i could be wrong....

Money cant be wasted at our club. I pay out to watch my club and a Saturday day out can cost a bit.

My point is that money needs to be spent wisely on good players im sure Collier will do this. At this moment in time i need to see more from the players we have. Hopefully we will see us go on a little run.

Board footera