BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/12/2013 6:06 PM  #1

v HH

Lost 3 nil, Griff sent off for second yellow
Feel apart in second half

14/12/2013 7:18 PM  #2

Re: v HH

Didn't see the first half so can't comment on that or the opening goal, although I'm told it was a poor decision from our keeper that led to it.  I was quite impressed with the opening minutes of the second half, we played some good stuff, but the second goal killed us and 10 men would never be enough against a decent Hemel side.  One or two square pegs in round holes, but I'm sure that'll get sorted. 
By the way, what is it with players wearing gloves?  Doesn't exactly give the impression that a player's going to dig deep and put up a real fight if he's mincing about worrying about his fingers.

14/12/2013 8:29 PM  #3

Patience is obviously required. This is going to be a real test for the fans. I missed the first 10 minutes, but for the rest of the match I can only remember one shot at goal, a side-footed effort on about 60 minutes that sailed harmlessly over the crossbar. The first-half was fairly evenly contested, but we never really troubled them. In the second-half there were far too many intercepted passes and balls wildly lashed upfield. Hemel looked at times as if they were playing with us. I felt sorry for Joe who was sometimes being beaten by the bumpy pitch. A few times the ball unexpectedly sprung up making it difficult for him to keep control.

14/12/2013 9:14 PM  #4

Hemel are a very good side and played some good football and deservedly won. However, it's a shame their sportsmanship didn't match their football. Appealing for everything, whingeing throughout.  Weak officials  didn't help and even heard a Hemel fan say he didnt think Griff touched their player when he got sent off. Shame that good quality sides have to resort to such tactics when they are good enough to win on footballing ability alone.

14/12/2013 10:24 PM  #5

The pitch did look poor today, how often is it maintained these days?

14/12/2013 10:40 PM  #6

Beatbox85 wrote:

I'm not too disappointed with today's result. First half we gave a good account of ourselves against a well organised team flying high at the top of the table. The goal at the end of the first half was a shame, especially as we slightly edged the play, can't help but feel Johnsey was too far out and easy to beat.
Second half started ok, but as we began to tire and make mistakes Hemel's quality shone through, they were able to see the game out in style, especially shown with a fantastic team goal for their third which I found myself applauding.
The ref and linesmen today were very weak, and easily swayed by opposition badgering, from either side. This was disappointing, however did not spoil an entertaining game.
The only real disappointment was the conduct of the Hemel number 2, a deliberate dive saw alan Griffin sent off with a second yellow. It was disgusting behaviour as the number 2 simulated, feigned injury and was on the floor laughing. This has no place in football, fair play must avil! I and many others in the stand who were close to the incident were incensed by this, and personally I stand by my decision to boo the player until his substitution. Sporting behaviour should be observed.
The new squad still haven't clicked, and more time is needed to become balanced and adapt to collier's game plan, however what I feel we saw today was a vast improvement over previous months and a work in progress. We lost 0-3, but it's good to feel positive.

Excellent summary, have to agree with Collier that the 2nd goal was a poor one to give away.

Last edited by Corner Flag (14/12/2013 10:40 PM)

15/12/2013 11:27 AM  #7

The first half was evenly matched. Ben was too far off his line and was easily chipped for their first goal. The second was another stupid and irresponsible behaviour from Tindle, yet again, arguing on the touchline over a throw in, HH quickley bypassed him and the ball was in the net. Where was Tindle still near the touch line. A disgrace.

The HH bench and players appeared to target Griffin, from the start and were whingeing to the weak referee, constantly, and cheered and punched the air when Griff was sent off. Mission accomplished. For a team at the top, it is not good to see, the appalling behaviour of a top club.

Sadly at the moment, the new players do not appear any better than the previous team.  Also re the comment about players wearing gloves, yes, it makes you wonder about the committment, it was not that cold.

15/12/2013 1:14 PM  #8

Previous poster are saying Hemel Hempstead's attitude was not correct. I tentatively agree but where are they in the league?

Presumably we are playing with the correct attitude, but where are we in the league?

Maybe there is a message there?

I also question why some footballers (the world over) wear gloves! However, I do not question their commitment because of that. It just doesn't go 'hand in hand' so to speak.

My query is - are they mentally tough enough? And that may be the answer to my first message!

Peter K Farrell

Last edited by Peter K Farrell (15/12/2013 1:15 PM)

15/12/2013 2:21 PM  #9

inthebox wrote:

Sadly at the moment, the new players do not appear any better than the previous team.

I'm with you on that one, which for me was the most depressing aspect of yesterday's game.

17/12/2013 3:50 PM  #10

I'm worrying now we're struggling and a very poor squad that was never gonna be anywhere different to where we are ! Needs a major shake up in the summer aim to just stay up now

Board footera