BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/11/2013 9:20 AM  #1

season ticket trouble?

Im hearing that a long time well known fan has been told to pay for a new season ticket having lost his original. If that is the case its a little harsh. Its not like anybody could just wander up and use his without anyone knowing!

29/11/2013 10:28 AM  #2

Re: season ticket trouble?

I hope that's not the case as the club know who has a season ticket and must keep records etc.

Surely common sense should prevail and the club is not hard nosed enough to make somebody pay twice?

29/11/2013 6:20 PM  #3

God has spoken on the subject on the official Chippenham Town website....hooray

29/11/2013 9:02 PM  #4

Excellent.

29/11/2013 10:58 PM  #5

I'm glad that the situation has been resolved, but surely it would have been better if someone from the club had just posted the outcome here rather than putting up a club statement on the official site. Dirty washing in public and all that.

01/12/2013 12:32 AM  #6

Lost mine recently and it was replaced without comment a couple of days later

01/12/2013 1:30 PM  #7

Not sure about the comment "Dirty washing in public and all that". As this started off with "I'm hearing..." where did that comment come from? Was it from an official club source or from a mate of a mate? if not from a club official then I don't think it was right to put it on here. I have been a critic of the club communication many times in the past but in this case I think the official club website was the right place to state the correct facts.

Too many times you get postings on here about I've been told or nudge nudge I just heard something interesting I'm not going to post it but watch this space and nothing comes of it. Pretty sad really.

01/12/2013 2:52 PM  #8

George wrote:

Im hearing that a long time well known fan has been told to pay for a new season ticket having lost his original. If that is the case its a little harsh. Its not like anybody could just wander up and use his without anyone knowing!

As there's no name on the season ticket and they get sold in groups with no names taken as to who actually owns the ticket why couldn't someone turn up and use it, bit of a non topic this George.

Last edited by Corner Flag (01/12/2013 2:52 PM)

01/12/2013 3:52 PM  #9

Joiner wrote:

Not sure about the comment "Dirty washing in public and all that". As this started off with "I'm hearing..." where did that comment come from? Was it from an official club source or from a mate of a mate? if not from a club official then I don't think it was right to put it on here. I have been a critic of the club communication many times in the past but in this case I think the official club website was the right place to state the correct facts.

Too many times you get postings on here about I've been told or nudge nudge I just heard something interesting I'm not going to post it but watch this space and nothing comes of it. Pretty sad really.

What I was saying Joiner is that surely 'official club statements' should be about significant events and not to comment on what now looks possibly to have been a misunderstanding. The statement gives the immediate impression to any outsider that this forum and the club are at odds with eachother. 

01/12/2013 4:25 PM  #10

DB I agree with you that the club statements should be about significiant issues. Trouble is here a posting was made which didn't put the club in a good light. Hence why I didn't think it was wrong to put something on the club website to state the facts.
Maybe George should question what he was told  as if it wasn't a club official I would have thought get it checked  out before posting. But lets hope whoever made the comment reads the club's statement.

Board footera