BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/11/2013 12:35 PM  #1

How fit are we?

The Weymouth forum claimed we ran out of steam last night. They scored three goals on 62, 78 and 82 minutes.

We have now conceded 43 league goals of which 14 (nearly a third) having been conceded in the last quarter of an hour.

27/11/2013 12:41 PM  #2

Re: How fit are we?

Part of that could be that if you are a goal down, as a team you may chase a game and leave yourself exposed at the back and vulnerable so it may not come down to fitness.

Let's be honest at non league level a lot of that basic fitness comes down to the individual and what they do away from the club allied to the games they play. The team played last night so I'm guessing they will get one training session this week on Thursday so can you really improve their fitness with one session?

27/11/2013 12:47 PM  #3

Not suggesting one session would solve problems - just that I heard pre-season emphasis was altered with less emphasis on being knackered - don't know if that was true though.

27/11/2013 9:12 PM  #4

I was a little surprised to hear that we'd run out of steam at Weymouth, as in previous seasons the players have always prided themselves on their fitness levels. 

27/11/2013 11:46 PM  #5

You cant get fit in two weeks (if that was the case) But for sure one thing you never doubted was our fitness. Basingstoke away 2005. 80 minuites and which team overloaded the box on the break for Harveys winner? - Chippenham!

Board footera