BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/11/2013 9:56 AM  #11

Re: Tonight

On a very cold night, that was a good result, 7 points from last 3 games, a very positive outcome for the team and managers. Things are on the turn. The back four rode their luck at times in the first half, but it was their first game as a unit, and Tinds might be warming the bench for a few games. The new players look good on the ball, and perhaps we can draw some more lost souls back through the turnstiles, as the team are worth another watch, for those that left during the last few bleak months. 

20/11/2013 12:36 PM  #12

Wonderful performance in an excellent game. Three good goals - Griffs were superb. Harvey was very impressive and has anyone else noticed we no longer commit loads of silly unecessary fouls? Not a below par performance on the pitch. Yes we rode our luck a little in the first half but that was due to spirited defending.
Just to get the rumour mill going I have a feeling in my water about "Charlie" he was at the game - not unusual - was chatting to Tom Jones in the bar and seems to be keeping the bench warm at Brackley. I just wonder?

20/11/2013 10:43 PM  #13

A proven goal scorer wherever he's played. He scored 20 goals last season in 35 matches for Bath City. Still has a few seasons left in him.

21/11/2013 10:56 PM  #14

Beatbox85 wrote:

If we sold 'Alan Griffin

Yeah to Frome

22/11/2013 10:50 AM  #15

If chip haven't got the wages needed to bring in players to strengthen the squad why the hell did the manager bring in a loan keeper for a month when you guys have the best keeper in the league on contract which is ridiculous ,just to let you know Johnsy is training with Cheltenham at present and due to go to Burnley next month for a week
All I can say you must have more money than sense , there must be clubs lining up to take Ben.

Last edited by Leedsmadman (22/11/2013 6:34 PM)

22/11/2013 11:20 AM  #16

Living up to your name, I'll give you that.

22/11/2013 2:21 PM  #17

"do believe there must be clubs lining up to take Ben"

' Believe me there are', or 'there must be' -  Make your mind up.

Nearly fell off the bar stool laughing.. And not at John who's fully deveriving of the chance to prove his quality. Competition for places is healthy. And of course, Bulman is only on loan.

Last edited by George (22/11/2013 2:25 PM)

22/11/2013 3:34 PM  #18

I don't think Johnsey will go anywhere. He seems to have come to terms with everything now and developed the right attitude, keeping his head down and focusing on getting back into form so that he can take his place as a stronger 'keeper once Bulman goes back to Forest Green. He is a quality goalkeeper, but there's still a lot he can do for Chippenham yet.

22/11/2013 6:51 PM  #19

George many thanks for your advice on my grammer ,hence the reason  why I employ a PA,Inside left do not quite understand where you are coming from  with your comment.
I have always had high regards for Ben and be assured he will stay commited  and give his all as he did for many years when he played for us , lastly cant see FGR paying all the loanee wages , would say you are paying at least 50%  of his wages if thats not the case then credit to your new manager.
Hope the new Manager turns it round for you and the very best for the rest of the season

Last edited by Leedsmadman (22/11/2013 6:55 PM)

22/11/2013 11:40 PM  #20

Hope he can stay for another month!

Board footera