BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2013 9:43 PM  #1

Players

Freezing my ass off watching the game speaking to a few merthry fans and seem to think were be signing a few cirencester players rumours at there ground on Saturday just gone !
Lee smith
Leigh Henry

They seem to think they would be big signings now back to the game 1-1 with a penalty each

13/11/2013 10:28 AM  #2

Re: Players

I have seen Cirencester a couple of times they have some good players. Henry is decent and played with Collier i think at Supermarine... im sure there is another defender who played at Supermarine with him although not sure of his name. Young strong and quick!
Anyone know?

Any improvement to the squad is welcome at this stage. Another game Saturday and another good performance needed.

13/11/2013 10:39 AM  #3

Yes Leigh Henry Is good at the back and has history with collier,lee smith the other player that merthyr mentioned is there danger man just checked there site has scored 21 goals in 20 games hopefully get them both in!unsure how the approaches of 7 days to same club works anybody shed any light on it

13/11/2013 12:33 PM  #4

Slight reality check.

Where is the money coming from for all of the signings listed?

Surely if the board had money to spend it would have arrived before now?

I would love a team full of new signings, or at least some where we need to strengthen, but just because a new manager arrives doesn't mean he has a blank cheque book.

It might be that he has to get more out of the existing squad?

13/11/2013 12:43 PM  #5

Yeah granted but surely be a clear out and new players will arrive! New manager will want his own players I'd imagine but as you said needs to be within the wage structure

13/11/2013 1:13 PM  #6

Kezman wrote:

I have seen Cirencester a couple of times they have some good players. Henry is decent and played with Collier i think at Supermarine... im sure there is another defender who played at Supermarine with him although not sure of his name. Young strong and quick!
Anyone know?

Any improvement to the squad is welcome at this stage. Another game Saturday and another good performance needed.

Could be Zak Westlake you are talking about , very good player comfortable on the ball, was at Cirencester Academy with James Guthrie then moved onto first team - right back but can also play centre back

13/11/2013 1:30 PM  #7

FROM THE MAIN WEBSITE :

New Players signed on

Corey King from Banbury, Midfield

Phil Baker from Chippenham Park, Centre Midfield

Tyron Leigh from Chippenham Park Centre Back

Unfortunately Ross Adams has now gone back to Basingstoke Town after his months loan

13/11/2013 2:47 PM  #8

According to gazette the Dean deal is pretty much done from Marine, so that's a plus.  Hopefully the Ross Adams situation isn't completely dead in the water, unless another experienced centre back is lined up.  I'll reserve judgement on the three named above.

13/11/2013 6:15 PM  #9

Reading between the lines from what Mark Collier and the Chairman have said, I think having the finances to fund any new players rests very much with the fans. More supporters coming through the turnstiles means more money is available.

14/11/2013 11:54 AM  #10

An approach has been made for Jon Beeden can play full back or in the middle of defence, when everyone is fit Jon does not start. Zak Westlake has not played for us for 2 seasons now hope this helps. Oh and Bully is a top top keeper! nice guy too

Board footera