BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/11/2013 11:34 AM  #11

Re: Ben john sub???

I have no fault to find with Bens ability but would suggest that his combatative attitude perhaps has worked against him in that his relationship with his back four has at times broken down.
It was noticable that the new keeper appeared quietly in control and already had a good rapor with the defence as well has pulling of a couple of top class saves which settled every bodys nerves.
As for knappy and Cooky seems a match made in heaven!

10/11/2013 12:38 PM  #12

Difficult to add anything that hasn't already been said. The Cambridge goalkeeper looked absolutely bemused by the players' celebrations when we scored. On paper it might just have been an ordinary league game, but it meant so much more to the players and fans. When the ref blew the final whistle it felt as though we'd just won the league. Great vocal support too and it was good to see Mark and Tom bellowing instructions to the players.

10/11/2013 3:15 PM  #13

Ben has done ok most of the time so I'm sure he will bounce back when the loan keeper goes back, maybe the rest will do him good, it can't have been easy for him with the goals that have been going in, and in no way am I blaming him for that, the defence and midfield have to take responsibility for that.

There was a different atmosphere yesterday, in a positive way which was good

10/11/2013 6:16 PM  #14

Knappy_talks wrote:

Another intelligent comment from cooky

Didn't realise what you post is a measure of your intelligence?

10/11/2013 7:53 PM  #15

Does that mean you have written Ben off already!? Harsh

10/11/2013 10:05 PM  #16

Who would second guess the conversation between John and the new boss? He's here to make the decisions that need maklng. But if you didn't see that coming after the announcement of Bulman's arrival you should pay a visit to specsavers.

10/11/2013 10:50 PM  #17

As Arnie said "I'll be back" and I'm sure Ben will be at some point, as you said maybe a rest will do him some good, can't have been easy playing behind a leaky defence, confidence bound to be affected.

Would be nice to see Steve Casey return, I rated him, obviously just didn't see eye to eye with Nathan but as a local lad would be good to see him back.

11/11/2013 6:21 PM  #18

Certainly agree about Casey, and I acknowledge the points about needing confidence in the back four, but I've never really had great confidence in Ben either, as he's fumbled on a number of occasions and alongside the brilliant saves has let some silly ones in. The confidence issue works both ways and I think that Collier is right to start at No 1. From where I was sitting the new keeper appeared slight of build but extremely agile and brave when diving at feet. He did appear to provide the defence with confidence, certainly Blackmore and others excelled. It'll be interesting to see how the relationship develops.

11/11/2013 10:30 PM  #19

Think the calmer personality that Bulman displayed was what the back four needed, certainly didn't get the impression that he'd throw his gloves at his defenders if he conceded a goal or rant and rave to cover a mistake. Clearly Collier knows and trusts him from their days at Supermarine so it's highly possible that he will be our new goalkeeper, don't have a problem with that.

As posted earlier would there be such an outcry if Harvey gets dropped, which is likely to be the case if we get Rob Dean.

Please let's not go back to Casey, do we need him anyway, currently we've got Tindle, Blackmore and Adams, let's look forward

Last edited by Corner Flag (11/11/2013 10:30 PM)

11/11/2013 10:44 PM  #20

The worry is though that Bulman isn't actually our player so he could go back, is it possible that Ben will improve under the new management duo?

Ross also isn't our player so really only Blackmore and Tindle, one a young inexperienced player (one for the future) and Tindle who although a good defender is prone for lack of discipline so I still think we need to strengthen in that area

Board footera