BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/10/2013 10:47 AM  #1

Mr Blackmore

Hi all.
I am not a football expert , merely a fan who thinks they know it all !
However it seems to me that Mr Blackmore has unrealistic expectations of Chippenham Town FC at this stage . To say the team on Tuesday did not try in the second half against Stourbridge smacks of a lack of football experience, I thought they all tried thier hardest in an impossible situation against a good Stourbridge team who proably play some of the best football in this league.
I fully understand that he pays the players wages and therefore is entitled to make any comments he likes, however he has to look at the facts. He cannot expect the team to e challenging at the top of the league with the resources he has made available. You can now count on one hand probably the players that would start in any team in the Southern Premier League, this is no fault of the players who can only play to the maximum of thier ability but a fact all the same.
Mr Blackmore has to decide whether he wants  "Chairman of Chippenham Town" as another tick on his CV or whether he wants to re establich the club as a force in the South West non league structure. To do this does unfortunately cost money so it is a huge decision for him to make. Until tha is done the club will float in this league going nowhere fast  !
On a more personal level I do think it was rather cowardly to sack the management when not in the country (,though some would say what was he doing on holiday in the football season. That however brings up another topic of how much the management and the players give up to play for this club. Many are not well paid outside of football and give up working hours , with their employers kind permission, to represent this club to the best of thier ability nand this should not be forgotten amidst all the emotion of supporting your local team.
I will now duck back behind the wall and wait for the flak to follow !

31/10/2013 12:46 PM  #2

Re: Mr Blackmore

I have no idea if my thoughts ended up in the G&H today, but this my point. Winter may not have been the leading us to glory, but he was appointed as the man who deserved his chance. No he wasnt. The best man for the job deserved the job and no other. That was decision made by the board.
Why? - Are you seriously telling me that a proven team of management with contacts and coaching qualifications were not the right people for the job? Or did the clubs plans not line up with the candidates?

I note the comments by the chairman in the paper regarding Hinckley and spending accordingly? Well tell us what the plan is and how its being paid for, because the only plan I can see is taking us back to the western league.
You can put tarmac around a tree, but that does nothing to help when the ref blows the whistle.

31/10/2013 8:12 PM  #3

I agree with a lot Scottie has said and someone needs to sort out the direction the club is going fast while we still have our fate in our own hands.
Obviously we don't know why Winter was appointed over potentially more qualified applicants, was it  down to money or "right to give him the chance".  I know where my money lies. It's a shame it didn't work out but many of us thought one problem would be lack of experience at SLP level and being able to bring in the right players. I'm afraid none of the players he brought in have impressed or I'm sorry to say, not quite up to SLP standard. Maybe things would have been different in a team doing well which would have given them a better chance to see how they performed at a higher level.
Maybe he did the best with the budget he was given so if that doesn't change will a new manager do any better. Although some of the games  this season rank as some of the worst I've seen in my time watching Chippenham is he the one at the end of the line suffering for decisions made by others? Lets face it thing started going wrong in Adie Mings' time and just compounded during Rudge's time. Was it Winter's fault that he was stuck with the contracts of some of the players and limited his options? Who made those decisions to offer those contracts and how will they influence being able to find the right manager now?
It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when interviews for a new manager take place. It has to be the right one if the club is to even to remain at this level as don't think there is room for any more mistakes.
And finally read in the Gazette that it may be the Chairman and some senior players will take charge of team matters for Saturday. I'm not sure that's a good idea the Chairman involving himself ( unless he's got hidden talents when it comes to football management) particularly given his criticism of some of the players recently. Maybe he should read some of the comments on here from the fans where I don't think anyone has questioned the players effort, just the ability of some of them.

31/10/2013 8:17 PM  #4

Joiner totally agree, with your comments. Very similar to mine on the other thread. Maybe he is a Barry fry type chairman 

Board footera