BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/10/2013 11:21 PM  #1

Time for the Chairman to Act

The humiliatin has gone on long enough.
No more excuses, its time for the Chairman to act.
Present manager needs to be sacked. Results, performances are just not good enough.
The club is in free fall and its up to the chairman to show some balls and change things

29/10/2013 11:25 PM  #2

Re: Time for the Chairman to Act

I've got a feeling Hitler will love this.

30/10/2013 12:29 PM  #3

Taken from the official site:

I would like to apologise to both the fans and volunteers who work for the club for last nights performance. 

Again indiscipline and poor attitude on the pitch have cost the club.

Please be assured this will not be allowed to continue, there is a meeting of the Board tonight at which this problem will be addressed.

30/10/2013 1:01 PM  #4

Going by the statement the only thing's that are going to be discussed are the team's poor indiscipline and attitude, not that the manager hasn't a club what he's doing or that attendances are dropping.

So what should we expect, someone to be sacked/released, wages witheld from Tindle and Harvey, general team telling off, whatever happens should be interesting and a sign of the chairman's mettle.

30/10/2013 2:12 PM  #5

The position of the Manager has to be untenable surely?  Even if he wasn't there last night.  Apparently in Egypt whilst we slide further down the pyramid (see what I did there?  )
The front of tomorrow's Gazette should be interesting.

30/10/2013 2:37 PM  #6

Isn't there supposed to be something in place already to deal with the players lack of discipline?  We've been down this road too many times before. 

30/10/2013 2:43 PM  #7

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

Isn't there supposed to be something in place already to deal with the players lack of discipline?  We've been down this road too many times before. 

Oh I agree, just trying to understand the meaning of the statement and it would be unusually brave of us to actually sack a manager. No doubt the outcome of the meeting will be on the official website for us all to read.

30/10/2013 2:48 PM  #8

Not sure what poor attitude means. Personally I thought the players did their best under the circumstances, the problem being a number were just not up to it and simply outclassed by better opposition. Its the quality that needs addressing to my mind not the attitude. Discipline seems no excuse for Tindle but Harvey don't think so much indiscipline more of a natural reaction which anyone of us might have done in the same position.
It will be interesting to see what the outcome of this board meeting is but lets hope it addresses the right areas

30/10/2013 3:00 PM  #9

Have to agree with Joiner in that the 9 that were left on the pitch worked very hard. So rather than their work rate it was more about ability and of course they were playing against 11.

Even at our level playing with two players short is impossible especially when legs fail towards the end of the second half.

I don't blame Harvey at all for last night but Tindle needs to take a good long hard look at himself which I'm sure he's doing. His tackle was reckless to say the least and that's being generous.

I'm pleased that the board are meeting to discuss last nights events and I will be very keen to see what actions come out of the discussion.

30/10/2013 3:29 PM  #10

Insideleft wrote:

The position of the Manager has to be untenable surely? Even if he wasn't there last night. Apparently in Egypt whilst we slide further down the pyramid (see what I did there? )
The front of tomorrow's Gazette should be interesting.

What an embarrassment! Here we are, a semi professional football club at Step 3 of the Pyramid, and the Board sanction him to go on a p*ss up to Egypt for his 40th birthday! You really could not make it up.

Bideford last season was bad enough at 7-0, but we have now become a laughing stock. All we need now is that buffoon Saunders to come on here with his five penn'orth of crap.

Last edited by Yorkie (30/10/2013 3:30 PM)

Board footera