BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2013 10:22 PM  #11

Re: v chesham

I understand Phillips has a groin injury so even being on the bench is disturbing.

13/10/2013 1:41 AM  #12

Seems to be a common theme recently, putting injured or unfit players on the bench, just to fill out the numbers. I can recall people on here complaining about Murray being left on the bench for a match recently (leaving Griff to deputise), when actually he was carrying an injury!
Nice to see the likes of Blackmore on the bench, at least he's enthusiastic and puts the effort in.

13/10/2013 7:45 AM  #13

Wasn't there so can't comment......but looking forward to the Spring ;-)

13/10/2013 9:51 AM  #14

Well. well, listened to Wints on radio before game and he stated that as Chesham play football on the ground, we will be able to play football as well, pity he did not tell the team. We played three at the back and alongside Griff were all small players, and what did we do hoof the ball long, and lost every contact. Chesham were a big powerful team and our tactics were totally wrong.  How Tinds never got sent off I do not know, every tackle he manhandled his opponent, and he gave away the free kick, needlessly that they scored from. Is that three consecutive games we have conceded a penalty. Wilf Hulbert on radio stated that Chesham werea  cynical team, I would say they were playing up to a weak referee, and got away with it. Chesham are a good team.

Last edited by inthebox (13/10/2013 11:25 AM)

13/10/2013 12:39 PM  #15

To play football you need to have some direction from the manager and that sadly seems to be lacking. Felt sorry for Murden, looked totally out of his depth and being taken off was a mercy act. Chesham were a big powerful team but could also play, especially going forward.

I was surprised at Tindle staying on as he deserved to go for his wrestling match, a good player but frequently on the edge of going too far maybe he was saved by the weakness of the ref.

Even when we went a goal down there was little reaction from the crowd, more a sense of, here we go again rather than getting behind them. Worrying times, if attendances start/continue to drop will tthey come back...

13/10/2013 1:32 PM  #16

I'm afraid we're asking boys to do a man's job. Another heavy defeat will have done nothing for their confidence or their development. A telling point in the second half was when Steve Winter had to urge his players to get closer to the Chippenham player taking the throw-in so that they could receive the ball. Not something you expect to see at this level.

If this is the best team we can put out because of financial constraints, then we need to get realistic and give them our full support. If however the money is there, but players don't want to come here, then the reason(s) need to be addressed very quickly. 

13/10/2013 1:41 PM  #17

I dont think Winter is up to the job. Tactics, team selection and player signings are just not good enough. Time for him to move on and we get Collier in to sort the mess out.
I tought Griff did a good interview on local radio but it should have been Winter taking the flack for a shambolic display

13/10/2013 2:11 PM  #18

I heard the interview with Griff and thought he did very well. As per usual Griff ran himself into the ground during the match. Playing as a lone striker and winning balls in the air with no one to pick them up, was a thankless task.

13/10/2013 2:34 PM  #19

Griff is a top man and goodness knows what we do if he picks up a knock

The voice of the bluebirds

13/10/2013 3:20 PM  #20

frank wrote:

I dont think Winter is up to the job. Tactics, team selection and player signings are just not good enough. Time for him to move on and we get Collier in to sort the mess out.
I tought Griff did a good interview on local radio but it should have been Winter taking the flack for a shambolic display

Cue another bitter posting from the former long-serving  manager of Swindon Supermarine and Bitton AFC.

Last edited by Yorkie (13/10/2013 3:32 PM)

Board footera