BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2013 1:50 PM  #1

Have we turned the corner??

It's been only game but I'm feeling pretty bullish about the rest of the season. We have a good keeper, Tovey will run through walls and with griff up front a proven striker. If we can get in one more centre Half we could be  pushing top 10???
Discuss you fools....

The voice of the bluebirds

03/10/2013 3:16 PM  #2

Re: Have we turned the corner??

Don't know what the fools think, but I can't see any consistancy, and at last beating a team we should beat doesn't mean a lot unless we start beating a few of the mid table sides. Come back in 5 games.
Though it seems we do need 1 or 2 more to shore things up.

03/10/2013 6:29 PM  #3

It was an excellent performance last Saturday but would agree with George  about consistency. Redditch were a poor side but a win is a win. Next home game is against Chesham  and we will be able to see how we do against a good side and maybe get a better idea of how good we are.
On a different note. The games  against Totton, Bedford and Redditch leaving aside the results were against teams who weren't particularly good and we should have beaten them all but in each of those games  all three teams played the game in the right spirit and I can't remember one bad tackle or cynical play from any of them. I think all three teams will struggle this season which is a shame when you compare how some of the leading teams act. It seems it doesn't pay to be a "nice" team.

03/10/2013 7:41 PM  #4

Well, unfortunately I can't make it to the Burnham match due to work commitments, but I wish I could've, if only to give the lads a hearty congratulations as they board the coach. It was good to see everyone taking the bull by the horns and turning things around. It shows what the team is capable of - Plus hard work and focus counts for so much.
Burnham are a pretty clumpy team, we really need to grab a win on Saturday.

As for the season... Well, why not? There are a lot of evenly-matched teams in this league. I agree that we need another center back. Perhaps another center midfielder with a bit of strength, although Joe Tumulty has been good there, and Harvey is such a hard-working player.

Last edited by CodeBluebird (03/10/2013 7:44 PM)

05/10/2013 8:31 PM  #5

Knappy_talks wrote:

It's been only game but I'm feeling pretty bullish about the rest of the season. We have a good keeper, Tovey will run through walls and with griff up front a proven striker. If we can get in one more centre Half we could be  pushing top 10???
Discuss you fools....

After todays result the answer has to be no..!!!

05/10/2013 11:29 PM  #6

Oh frank get a grip!! Yes it wasn't great but the ref had a shocker, we missed some key chances at critical times. It was never a penalty. Rumour is we have a loan signing coming in from the football league, watch this space....

06/10/2013 1:34 AM  #7

You asked if we had turned the corner, here is the reality of the situation after 10 league games of the season and I will leave it for you and others to judge if the 'corner has been turned'
(I have not included the 3-2 FA Cup defeat)

Last 5 games
Won one, lost 4
7 goals for, 10 goals against

First 5 games
Won 2, lost 3
9 goals for, 6 against

06/10/2013 8:25 AM  #8

Yo-Yo. But it could be worse - we might be consistantly losing!

06/10/2013 9:44 AM  #9

frank wrote:

You asked if we had turned the corner, here is the reality of the situation after 10 league games of the season and I will leave it for you and others to judge if the 'corner has been turned'
(I have not included the 3-2 FA Cup defeat)

Last 5 games
Won one, lost 4
7 goals for, 10 goals against

First 5 games
Won 2, lost 3
9 goals for, 6 against

Last 5 games should read
Won 2 Lost 3

06/10/2013 1:37 PM  #10

Bring back rudgey!!! We need new personnel and quickly, we are only lacking a couple of players and then have a decent team. Keep the faith....

Board footera