BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2013 12:23 PM  #1

Club Website Statement

Is this the Chippenham Official Website or his own personal soapbox?? Really professional this.

"I would just like to say if anyone has anything to say about the web site come and say it to me personally and not make inane comments under pseudonyms on the Unofficial Forum because it’s getting beyond a joke and I find it quite insulting, I spend a lot of my time keeping the website up-to-date and before the idiot’s like Cooky etc. make any more comments about the offering help which I hasten to say is totally untrue as no offer of help has ever been made and neither do I need any help or want any help.
If there is no news it’s because there isn’t any news and we would not be advertising it on the website that we may be looking at particular player or whatever before it was all signed and sealed"

If he wants to continue denying all the offerings of help going back to the beak days then fair enough but clearly he doesn't want or need the help anyway. Shocking really although feel quite priveleged he's picked me out when its more than me that share the concerns.

Surprised he didn't add that all camera's should be banned from the ground bar his...

03/10/2013 6:10 PM  #2

Re: Club Website Statement

Had`nt seen that, as like most others, I dont bother with the club website for news etc (not a dig but reality). Is this really a suitable way for the clubs website to be used? I am going to be talking to the chairman to bring it to his attention and express my displeasure at the words and attitude, I would also suggest that others do the same if they see fit.

The longer this farce continues the worse it will get.

It really is time for the clubs website to be handed over to the fans to run (within strict parameters set out by the club) the barriers between the club and the CTFC family of fans and supporters have to be broken down and the website is a brilliant tool to do that. I have been talking to Admin via private message (no I dont know who he/she is) and they would immediately shut this forum down if the fans were allowed to create/add a policed forum to the main site.

PS He cant ban me as I represent the press and I am sure it would make a great story if he tried.

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

03/10/2013 6:33 PM  #3

I disagree, having been down that road although it stung at the time, seperation was the best thing that happened. 
Just dont tell anyone who you are though..... - I still have the Beak registration you know - it was valued at nearly $1000 dollars at one time due to traffic. $10 now!

I had an offer from a fan to buy it but held off as I thought it was too soon.

03/10/2013 7:34 PM  #4

To be fair Cooky you had it coming. 

Calling people idiots on the official site isn't very clever though. 

So no one has ever offered to help, but even if they had, it would have been declined anyway because help isn't wanted or needed. 

03/10/2013 8:31 PM  #5

Very strange how people cum on here and want to knock and bash each other, when you go on other clubs at our levels forums there never seems to be as much friction and abuse of individuals as on here. I guess it's just the unpleasant world we live in.   

07/10/2013 2:35 PM  #6

Jono wrote:

Very strange how people cum on here and want to knock and bash each other, when you go on other clubs at our levels forums there never seems to be as much friction and abuse of individuals as on here. I guess it's just the unpleasant world we live in.

Hi Jono i look at at several similar forums and In truth things don't generally get as nasty here as elsewhere. Try STFC for one  - the language can be appalling as well. I and others are cheesed off with the communication by the club with it's fan base  - Richard has chosen to take it personally which has put him in the frame. No criticism I have seen mentioned him by name but he chose to respond on his own behalf rather than as the club. This is not the first time either that he has done so. Communication is a CTFC issue that needs addrssing by the Club not an individual. The work and input by board members is appreciated however it does mean that accepting such a postion will inevitably mean criticism will received when supporters feel that they have legitamate greviances - it goes with the turf I am afraid.

Board footera