BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/9/2013 7:18 PM  #1

Match fixture board

Drove past the ground on Monday and surprised to see Redditch match still up on the board outside the ground. It was still up today when I went past. If I was a casual supporter who happened to see the match being advertised early in the week and turned up last night only to find no match I would not have been best pleased. So we have a match on the board that never took place and details of a game that is to take place, Saturday's, no where to be seen. Not very good is it. And please no comments that if someone was that interested they would have checked elsewhere to see if the game was on. Why would you as surely the purpose of the board is to inform people of up and coming matches and if you can't rely on the information shown why bother having it there at all.

18/9/2013 10:58 PM  #2

Re: Match fixture board

Fair point Joiner. 

19/9/2013 9:12 AM  #3

I totally agree, I was going to post Tuesday about the board on Bristol Road, but thought better of the sarcastic replies. Those that are not on the forum or e mail would not have had a clue about the game, but read the board and thought lets go and watch a game, much to their disappointment.

If Saturdays game is not on the board yet, what hope is there of attracting new supporters!!

19/9/2013 10:18 AM  #4

I have taken this 'on board' but, if somebody is really that concerned, that person would surely advise a club official immediately about the problem - or take on the job of replacing the notices him/herself?

Better than criticising the club, surely!

Peter K Farrell

Last edited by Peter K Farrell (19/9/2013 10:19 AM)

19/9/2013 10:34 AM  #5

I rest my case. Noticed in Gazette & Herald this am that Redditch game now on Sat 28 Sep 13.

19/9/2013 5:20 PM  #6

Peter, why is it a criticism when I am merely pointing out the obvious. Why should I be concerned when as a regular supporter I take the trouble, if in doubt, to find out what games are on. It's the club that should be concerned as both myself and inthebox have pointed out what chance have you got to attract new supporters when a game is not properly advertised. Make it easy for a "floating" supporter to know what is happening. You used to see fixture posters in some shops in town but I don't recall seeing any for a while now. As for contacting a club official to let them know I don't know any officials to get hold of and in any event if someone has taken on the responsibility to do the job it shouldn't need pointing out. And as for doing it myself does the club arrange for the notices to be produced and then simply changes the board as necessary? I'm afraid it is just another example of the club not giving too much thought to the fans. I'm sure all agree with me when I say that what a certain group of individuals do for the club is very much appreciated but that doesn't mean we can't point out where things aren't quite right.

19/9/2013 5:24 PM  #7

Well said Joiner

20/9/2013 10:33 AM  #8

Went past ground an hour ago and we still do not have the Bedford game on the board yet! 30 hours to kick off and for the casual supporter we  still have the Redditch game on the board and no game tomorrow.

Last edited by inthebox (20/9/2013 10:34 AM)

20/9/2013 10:51 AM  #9

I'm going to create a bit of history and agree with Pete Farrell - take it on and do it, rather than moan that no-one else has done it. So many jobs to do at  a non-league club and generally 2 or 3 unpaid volunteers do them all.

Hopefully that will be the last time I have to agree with him!

20/9/2013 1:42 PM  #10

Gary, your idea of a moan and mine seem to be somewhat different. All myself and inthebox have done is make an observation. Personally I don't reply on the board for forthcoming matches so I have no reason to moan. All we have both done is point out not a good way to attract casual fans. As an aside funny how the Chippenham Park fixtures always seem up to date. Merely another observation!

Board footera