BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/9/2013 6:38 PM  #1

v Stourbridge

What do you think the score will be this evening?
I can see us coming away after taking a hiding. We had a limited squad and with two senior players leaving in the last couple of days I feel as if we will struggle.
I hope I am proved wrong and we get a win this evening

03/9/2013 7:37 PM  #2

Re: v Stourbridge

Just seen the team on Gazette site. Glad I'm not in Ben John's shoes tonight. All the best to the lads tonight and hope they produce a miracle as it looks like that's what is needed. Two defenders in the team no full backs oh dear a sorry position. No sure about Alward yet but having him on the bench when you've only got two defenders on the pitch seems strange. Not moaning but 6 games into the season and you can only manage 3 subs ( without including Winter as maybe he is just there to try and make up the numbers) doesn't instill you with much confidence about moving forward.

03/9/2013 7:47 PM  #3

I wonder what the chances are that Knighton will parter Phillips with Griff playing centre back - he has done it before?

03/9/2013 8:37 PM  #4

0-0 at half-time.  So far so good.

03/9/2013 8:41 PM  #5

Insideleft wrote:

0-0 at half-time.  So far so good.

And sounds like a decent game as well

03/9/2013 8:44 PM  #6

It is worth remembering that of late we have proved to be a bogey side for Stourbridge and that they have not exactly hit the ground running this season. Looks like we may be playing them when they are still reeling from failing to go up as anticipated

03/9/2013 9:02 PM  #7

By what is coming in from Dan Barnes via the G&H Griff is playing a blider at centre back

03/9/2013 9:06 PM  #8

This can do wonders for the team morale if we achieve a good result tonight. On an individual level, at least, I feel that we have a group of players who'll put maximum effort in. Hoping to see that we carry on hassling them and keep a clean sheet, more than anything.

Makes me wonder why one or two from our limited substitutes bench weren't given starting positions, though.

03/9/2013 9:14 PM  #9

Just like to say I did suggest playing Griff at centre back, he typed hoping Griff wouldn't make a cock up, lol

03/9/2013 9:27 PM  #10

Ha - We still need a reliable right-back and center-back, though - with the extra boost to the wage bill from players departing, at least we can make an opportunity from this unfortunate period.

Griffin plays a unique role up front, and we need him offensively against certain sides in our league, Phillo certainly has the physicality but Griff can really provide us with some fairly deadly knock-ons.

Board footera