BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2013 10:48 AM  #1

Chippenham Town v AFC Totton

Theres no easy games in the Calor League,Totton will be up for this one, they got there first win against Bashley on Monday. We got the reaction I hoped we would from the two weekend games.The lads seem to have a good togetherness under Steve Winters, there was some excellent performances in the last two games, it was good to see Phillips & Griff starting up front together with Guthrie & McClennan firing over crosses we looked very dangerous, Knighton also reminding us what he's capable of. Good luck to Steve and the lads today lets make it three on the spin.   

31/8/2013 5:20 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town v AFC Totton

lost 2-1. Its going to be a long season !

31/8/2013 5:29 PM  #3

Didn't get too excited about the win at Frome and I won't get too down about today's result.  Nothing's changed in my view.  We still need some players who have been there and done it in the Southern League or we'll do well to stay out of trouble.  Today we lost to a poor team.  The next couple of weeks will tell the new manager, whoever that may be, that he's got a real job on.  

31/8/2013 5:42 PM  #4

Agree with Inside left that we lost to a poor side which doesn't say much for us. On the basis both sides were rubbish a draw would have been a fair result.Even though they were poor they did enough to expose those in our side who I'm afraid just aren't up to Southern League Premier standard. Having said that I don't think anyone had a good game and a lot of improvement is needed for Tuesday. I suppose if we play on Tuesday like today the game is being played in the right place next to a cricket ground as that's what we will see, a cricket score.

31/8/2013 6:30 PM  #5

We need the new manager in asap. Would like to see the new man in charge by next weekend.We were awful today

31/8/2013 7:03 PM  #6

The crossing and passing was appalling today. They need to be able to keep hold of the ball and forge attacks when it's difficult to just burst through the opposition.

01/9/2013 12:57 PM  #7

Today's performance highlighted the need for an appointment to be made quickly.

Winter probably has a remit of "keep the squad you've got, you can't bring anyone in as we can't afford it so good luck". The players he's got, particularly in the back four are seriously struggling for form, confidence and shape. Couldn't understand the decison yesterday to play Harris at CB and put a recognised CB (Tilson) at full back, why not keep Osman at RB and move Harris into mf in place of the frankly uselss Harvey.

Or for something really radical play Griff at CB next to Tindle, there were times yesterday he looked like he was running through quicksand, although given the amount of it on the pitch that's somewhat understandable. Girff's link up playing was poor, with his lay off's particularly and playing where he can face the ball and attack it would help at the back.

Taking Griff out of the attack would allow a bit more pace to come into the side i.e Knighton. After scoring a 2nd half hat trick he must wonder what he's got to do to earn a starting place...

Nobody should have got carried away with the last two wins as others have posted it's going to be a long season.

01/9/2013 1:28 PM  #8

Winter was lucky with his first 2 fixtures.  Hitchin were average and Frome woeful.  The next two away games will be a true test.  A new fresh approach is needed, to many players look comfortable knowing they will not be dropped.  Why is Harris still playing at centre back? everyone can see this is not his position whilst a recognised centre back is played at full back.  Also Knighton scores a hattrick in the previous game and is still on the bench.  My plea to the new manager (hopefully Collier) is we need the following.  A centre half, right back and creative central midfield player.  To also select players on their current form and not past achievements.

Board footera