BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/8/2013 4:58 PM  #1

Managerial speculation

Thought I'd put a new thread up, rather than discussing such things in the 'Darren Perrin' thread which seems to be a little bit too specific.

Well, it's good to hear that we've had a good array of candidates applying for the job. Really, I do feel that there is quality in the squad (Although we do need to strengthen in one or two places, in my view) and that we provide a good opportunity for a manager who feels they can build upwards at this club. Compared to some of the other sides at our level, we actually do have some quite reasonable facilities.

Looking at todays story in the Gazette & Herald, it genuinely seems that Steve Winter has an affinity with the squad. The atmosphere seemed relaxed at Frome, and he's certainly positive and ambitious. He's in the favourable position now that if he produces good results while he's a caretaker, then presumably the board will have to take that into account! Looking forward to the match tomorrow to see if this organisation and motivation keeps going.
Collier must be looking like the favourite otherwise, though?

Last edited by CodeBluebird (30/8/2013 4:59 PM)

31/8/2013 10:31 AM  #2

Re: Managerial speculation

Given the interview in the paper it seems that Winter is the favourite unless the board decide to totally clear the club of Rudge's appointments and appoint someone else, so long as he keeps winning games he strengthens his position.

Given the job he did at Supermarine on their limited resources Collier would be an ideal appointment but I guess if Winter keeps winning and says the right things in his interview about bringing players in from Park he's the bookies favourite

31/8/2013 6:36 PM  #3

Winter isn't up to the job. I agree with corner flag we need collier asap

31/8/2013 7:30 PM  #4

Much too quick to judge. We have a lot of things to correct, but it's early in the season, and a lot of clubs will have things to iron out. That's his job, you've got to allow him time to do it!

The whole run of games will look much better in retrospect if we get a result up at Stourbridge or Cambridge City.

Last edited by CodeBluebird (31/8/2013 7:31 PM)

31/8/2013 9:24 PM  #5

Beatbox85 wrote:

Bit quick to judge there!

You would say that!

01/9/2013 9:18 AM  #6

Tom Jones (not the singer we know) and Collier would really suit Chippenham. Tom is ex-Swindon Town and Reading professional and Youth Manager.They have worked together at Supermarine successfully and the dream team would be to add ex-Swindon and Wales and Swindon Acedemy Coach Paul Boden.The threesom would sort Chippenham out well. Tom is a superb on the training ground coach, Collier knows the PT scene.

01/9/2013 10:39 AM  #7

How much would the Collier, Jones and Boden combo cost?

01/9/2013 12:24 PM  #8

I have to say that after the two wins last weekend, Rudgey might have been thinking he'd made a mistake in leaving, but after yesterday's display he will feel vindicated. We may have beaten Frome 0-5 but they managed to beat Banbury away yesterday, which we failed to do! We didn't seem to have a game plan yesterday and in the first half over hit too many long balls down the slope with the wind (same old story for CTFC I'm afraid) which were thankless tasks for the attackers to chase, wasting their energy. I was puzzled by Jack's substition in the second half who I thought had a great game, whereas for example I thought Guthrie was poor throughout. We had enough chances to win but failed to convert any of them. But for a superb save by Johns it might well have been 1-3 and he has impressed me so far this season.

I admire the players' loyalty to our assistant, but our ambition surely has to better than this if we can afford to get someone with more experience

01/9/2013 4:21 PM  #9

Why does this forum sometimes remind me of this video?

Last edited by CodeBluebird (01/9/2013 7:06 PM)

01/9/2013 6:18 PM  #10

Have to agree with you CB

Board footera