BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/8/2013 7:59 PM  #11

Re: Many thanks

Top man Jono all the best 

23/8/2013 8:41 PM  #12

Rudgy I'm with Jono and Jim, you always gave 100% as a player for the Bluebirds and also sadly for Tivvy. You also gave more than 100% for Chip as manager, and deserve another chance maybe starting lower down the leagues and working your way up. It's a shame that your first season was dogged by controversy, (I didn't help) and ill fortune (Gloucester). Please come and watch the odd game at Har'nish as you will always be welcome and make sure you bring your old man as I will miss my chats with him.

23/8/2013 9:14 PM  #13

Scannall top man all the best . 

23/8/2013 11:41 PM  #14

I would like to thank Nathan for all of this hard work that has commited to do during the past seasons, being a great manager and working along the likes of Feyer and Winter. I would like to wish him the best in his future.

Official Youtube Channel for Chippenham Town FC/ youtube.com/ChippenhamFCTV

24/8/2013 7:16 AM  #15

Cheers Matthew . Keep up the good work on ctfc . You do a great job and been a great help to me from day one . Will catch up soon all the best with everything ... Rudgey

25/8/2013 5:37 PM  #16

Best of luck for wherever you go next... home life comes before football every time.

29/8/2013 8:51 PM  #17

Mr. Rudge,
I have watched with some interest in the affairs and performance of Chippenham FC this last year and my advice is you are well out of the agro if it has effected you as described. But you need to take stock and self assess your strengths and weakness. To be manager at 34 for a semi-pro club/team is rather young unless you have real management and people skills which you may not have as yet such training you were always likely to find it tough and in the fickle world of football failure is inevitable. In industry and commerce to take a senior management post these days you need the trait; the will; the training in MANAGEMENT which is an art not a science. I recall you said last season you said in the press you were virtually a "social worker" this is very apt for today's manager in offices; factories and field services - the changes in society which have crept up on managers have seen a decrease in motivation and committment generally. Employees bring their personal problems to work so yes one is now a social worker. To be the office mouth piece or the biggest "gob" in the footie changing room may bring captancy and maybe the manager's job but without proper professional management training (including diversity) its not sustainable. I am a senior manager in the public sector in a vital service with a formal degree MA in management practice and have attended course after course on organisational and people managing skills. Its taken 4 decades to manage staff to a level but I never can rest on laurels there is always a new recruit who turns out not performing. I understand many players have left in the last 18 months of your rein as well as recruit a good manager has to train and develop staff.
I was particularly interested in your recruitment strategy pre-season - you stated in the press you were looking to recruit local young guys who had to be fit as starters and who you could turn into Southern League standard,,,,,,,,yet in watching the pre-season friendlies you had such 4-5 who fitted the player spec but you didn't give any of them a proper chance and gave them very few minutes on the pitch. You then courted overweight somewhat older players with a few League appearances on their CV's and evenone with a criminal record as long as the M4 into Wales and more clubs than Tiger Woods; then  you then sought loan players from lower League clubs ......confused? so were the supporters.......next time stick to one recruitment strategy
For you the way forward learn PEOPLE MANAGEMENT you may have the coaching badges but setting the cones out is not enough. The best footballers rarely make the best football managers they lack articulation for real management training too. Managers from semi-pro clubs aspire and can now become League managers but if you look at what continuing development programmes they have under gone you see how and why they have reached their goal
Chippenham FC for you was the wrong club to develop you - fickle deluded supporters not realising they are a small club few outside the SW have heard of ; dedicated balanced supporters who work hard to support the club and dream Chippenham could do a "Wimbledon" one day. All want instant success without real investment - thought the pitch was poor ; stadium ramshackle and iggledypiggledy.
A new stadium may launch Chippenham on who can predict?.........but in meantime my advice keep out of it ..............what is your day job by the way?

02/9/2013 6:28 PM  #18

Well that's blown the cover of 2 board members then.

02/9/2013 7:58 PM  #19

BB 2006  please explain.

02/9/2013 8:06 PM  #20

MELKSHAM BLUEBIRD wrote:

BB 2006  please explain.

Names used rather than Board names

Board footera