BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/8/2013 10:38 AM  #1

Nathan Rudge Resigned

Just heard on BBC Wilts that Club Board have announced that Rudge has resigned, no reasons stated.

21/8/2013 11:05 AM  #2

21/8/2013 11:50 AM  #3

Re: Nathan Rudge Resigned

There's also a message on the club website confirming that Nathan has resigned and that Steve Winter will continue as caretaker until a new manager is found.

21/8/2013 2:14 PM  #4

I believe the pressure of management at this level can be difficult to cope with,let alone enjoy as a hobby, unless you think there is some chance of success. Nathan Rudge has obviously decided he can't achieve success and the role was affecting the rest of his life too much. So Thank you Nathan for your time and effort.
Where do we go now ?
What sort of person do we need take the club to the next level in its development ?
Do we want to just win games or do we want to play with style and flair?

21/8/2013 5:49 PM  #5

With just two games played the league table was already starting to look familiar. Fair play to Nathan for falling on his sword. If we had 6 points in the bag things might have looked a whole lot different for him. The first priority has to be to secure enough points to avoid relegation. At this time anything else will be a bonus.

21/8/2013 6:11 PM  #6

Well, it's better that he moved aside to let someone else have a chance while the season is still young, if he felt it was something he couldn't continue. Hopefully we can get a good new manager who will breathe some new life into the team.

Thanks Rudgey. You put a lot of effort in for this club.

21/8/2013 8:08 PM  #7

I think Rudgy knew with the players he has it is going to be a season of struggle.  We were woeful at Banbury and it was'nt much better last night.  Certainly a change is needed and an experienced manager is required.  With four teams going down this season the right appointment is even more important.  My choice is Mark Collier, did a good job at Supermarine on limited resources.

21/8/2013 9:14 PM  #8

There was (and still is) a distinct posssibility of us propping the table up by September. Look at the fixtures. With 4 going down and no odds on bottom team like last year, I predict a 10 way bunfight to stay up. It's a tough old league this.. I'd throw my support in for a man like Collier, knows how to operate on a budget and always turned out a tough side. That said, I'll be honest and say that when I saw Winters credentials my immediate thoughts were - This is Rudgeys replacement being wheeled in the back door.

Thanks and good luck Rudgey.

I

Last edited by George (21/8/2013 9:17 PM)

21/8/2013 10:12 PM  #9

It's a shame this didn't happen six weeks ago in all honesty, but we are where we are.  I'm not sure who should be the new manager but it requires an experienced head at this level, and one with contacts who can pull in players that will do a solid job.  Although we defended for our lives in the second half last night overall we look a bit light-weight in certain areas.  

22/8/2013 7:23 AM  #10

The timing's a surprise but have to say it's welcome, feel he should have gone after the FA hearing but now time to move on. Agree we need an experienced head and someone with contacts, so...bit of a dream this but how about Lee Collier and Charlie Griffin as a dream team.

Get the experience of Collier, the contacts of Charlie (and another striker), the club would get a boost with the return of a local hero and it'll give everyone a lift. Fingers crossed

Board footera