BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2013 7:04 PM  #11

Re: Taunton

. I can see us being at the bottom within 3 games and staying there for the rest of the season.

Is this what the directors want? I'm not having a go here but clearly with the funds available are we continuing to punch above our weight in this division and struggling to match the over teams.

BE HONEST. DISCUSS

04/8/2013 9:29 PM  #12

We may be punching above our weight but I doubt we've the lowest budget in the league, certainly Frome will be paying less this year and it'll be interesting to see how they get on. Should we go down and with four teams going down this year it is a worry it'll take us a long time to come back.

Rudge may have a point when he say's he's not in a rush to sign players, most squads won't be sorted until September when a few games have been played so with a settled line up we may have an advantage over others.

Looking at the squad are we good enough to go up? No.

We lack a centre back to partner Tindle and why is Harris playing instead of Blackmore he needs the experience and if Harris needs fitness stick him in midfield.

Has Rudge learnt his lessons from last season in terms of how to handle players?

Well he's got rid of those who's face, for whatever reason didn't fit, they all make positive noises about him (then would you  complain about your boss in the paper )so this is his squad so we'll see.......

Has he got a more experienced number 2 who will understand this level of football?

Yes, when he's finished his suspension

Are we in for another interesting season full of debate, disagreement, anger, frustration, disappointment, joy?

Yes

Last edited by Corner Flag (04/8/2013 9:29 PM)

05/8/2013 1:46 AM  #13

I genuinely don't think we're punching above our weight, being in this league. Looking at it, we have a lot of good potential infrastructure for our club - We're a fair-sized town, with little competition from other football clubs in the vicinity, and our attendances are above average for the league each season.

We have a good potential fanbase, and they'll return if we end up in a promotion race at some point. Let's be honest, football fans are fickle, especially at this level.
The holes in the squad definitely need to be filled. It's one thing to keep a tight ship financially, but if you end up falling through the trapdoor, it's worse for the club in the long run. Still, I trust both Blackmore and Rudgey, and completely agree with the above post.

By the way, talking of Frome, is Harley the son of Phil Purnell? Seems a distinctive surname,

05/8/2013 1:48 AM  #14

And apparently Rodney Marsh scored against us on Friday night. There's a corker of a coincidental name

05/8/2013 8:59 AM  #15

Just "borrowed" this

Taunton Town v Chippenham Town

Taunton Town’s pre-season campaign was given a welcome boost as they were well worth their 3-1 victory over Southern League Premier Division Chippenham Town at Wordsworth Drive.
In a game which started with fireworks on the pitch and several lengthy lectures from referee Yianni and ended in the middle of a ferocious thunderstorm, Town came back from an early Tom Knighton goal with a brace from new boy Chris Young and a 20 yard strike from Rodney Marsh.
Nat Pepperell tested Chippenham keeper Ben John with a snap shot but the Bluebirds broke and Joe McLennan’s cross was slid in by Knighton on eight minutes. The lead lasted barely two minutes as Craig Herrod sneaked in and his shot was saved by John, only for Young to lob the equaliser.
By then both sides had incurred the wrath of referee Yianni and it took a stern lecture of both captains on the half hour to restore sense to the proceedings.
Young went close after a Chippenham free-kick went wrong, then Knighton brought a fingertip save from Lee Matthews just on the half-time whistle.
Ten minutes into the second half Marsh’s 20 yard snap shot went in through John’s dive to give his side the lead, with his sheer pace then taking him clear but his shot went wide as Taunton looked to dominate.
The pace of the home attacks was causing problems and when Jamie Short went down the right his cross was met by Young and it was 3-1.
With the storm closing in, Chippenham substitute Alan Griffin was just wide but Taunton were always comfortable and they now look to Tuesday’s game at home to Hereford United as they prepare for the new campaign.

By Kerry Miller

Taunton: Lee Matthews, Jamie Short, Lewis Tasker, Owen Irish, Jamie Price (captain), Rob Norrish (Shane Kingston 45), Craig Herrod, Andy Robertson (Simon Ingram 62), Chris Young, Rodney Marsh (Omari Sims 69), Nat Pepperell (Matt Micklewright 69)

Chippenham: Ben John, Toby Osman, Jack Allward, Adie Harris, Greg Tindle, Iain Harvey, Joe McLennan, Harley Purnell, Tom Knighton (Leon Jeanne 57), Mitch Tippings (Alan Griffin 57), Lee Phillips (Isaac Reid 75). Unused subs: Nathan Rudge, Charlie Austin, Sam Thompson, Aaron Ledgister

Referee: Savvas Yianni (Weston-super-Mare)

Assistants: Brian Lee (Taunton), Kieron Salmons (Taunton)

Attendance: 150

Bearing in mind that this appears to be approaching what could be considered our first team line up I think we are in trouble

05/8/2013 9:53 AM  #16

It's pre season and as I'm fond of saying - When the flag drops, The bullsh*t stops. 

People are entitled to holidays - I can even remember a time when the forum used to shut down to give Mainer a few weeks off!

05/8/2013 3:46 PM  #17

Taunton V Chippenham..   always was a light the touch paper and stand back.  how things have changed.      Think Rockin may remember the Moonies on the M5.......   and "Who burnt the whicker man"...    happy days.      yes we used to closed the forum during the closed season..... for about 2 days,  but everyone moaned when it was closed,  then moaned when it was opened, then during the season they demanded it to be closed,  then reopened again.   nothing changes..   In fairness to the whoever runs the website its not an easy task,  its a thankless task ask George.  however if you think you can do better, then give it a try,  not just a few hours a week,  its day after day, week after week, year after year.

05/8/2013 5:05 PM  #18

George/SM I must be missing something but who on THIS forum mentioned anything about closing it down temporarily?  The problem is with the OFFICAL club website not with a fans forum.
Seeing the Taunton result didn't think too much of it as thought team might be made up of trialists so seeing the team agree with Bluebird 2006 "I think we are in trouble". And where's Shane Blackmore? I was told at the Exeter game he was fit so why not playing? It's not as if Rudge was trying out a trialist in that position.

05/8/2013 7:29 PM  #19

Great times Mainer, I was Jenson Button for 3 weeks if I remember correctly. Don`t think we realised at the time just how good that era was. CTFC was a true family and were riding on the crest of a wave.

With regard to the clubs website I think its madness that just one person seems to do it all, in the old days the web in its infancy and I dont think any of us expected it to become what it is today.

We all expect information at the drop of a hat and subsequently you MUST have a team of people to keep things fully up to date. Wouldnt it be great if we could have a weekly interview with a player, volunteer or fan on the site, results put on the same day as the game being played and a real commuinty feel to the site when all we keep hearing is that Chippenham is a family club that values its fans.

Last week during the Swansea game a number of their fans and players asked me how they could view my photos so I thought I would try an experiment. I registered on the main CTFC site and downloaded my photos, what do I find? it has to be authourised by admin (I assume that is one person who is on holiday). I do not hold much luck in ever seeing those photos on the site as I am not (in my eyes) seen as a club photographer, despite over 12 years of service to CTFC. 

May I suggest to the club that they open up the website to a team of people who would be willing to help and who are authourised by the club to have admin access, many have offered in the past but nothing has ever come of it. This would then overcome all the issues being discussed and highlighted on what seems like a weekly basis.

Rant over and remember our moto "pride and passion"

Last edited by Rockin (05/8/2013 7:33 PM)

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

05/8/2013 9:19 PM  #20

Cooky wrote:

. I can see us being at the bottom within 3 games and staying there for the rest of the season.

Is this what the directors want? I'm not having a go here but clearly with the funds available are we continuing to punch above our weight in this division and struggling to match the over teams.

BE HONEST. DISCUSS

Cooky, do yourself and the rest of us a favour - STOP POSTING ON THIS FORUM. On review of your postings 90% are negative and obviously designed as a wind up to get a reaction and I think most of us are getting bored by this. You are obviously not a true supporter of CTFC so give it a rest.

Board footera