BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/7/2013 6:38 PM  #1

Enough is enough!

What the hell is going on.  We go 17 games without a win last season and nothing happens. We lose two players who cared deeply about CTFC in Casey and Lye, all because of one person. But the real issue for me is the following, its only a opinion but most of it is factual, if anything is not quite right i apologize.

Chippenham Town has always been a very respected Club with people like Doug, Sandy, John, Barry, Arthur Wimble, Ken Jefferies Angela, Chris Blake and now Neil involved as Chairman. We are now possibly one of the most hated clubs locally around. Having been charged for the game at Barwell and the again for failing to control our players against St Neots We were at Wembley Stadium last week for our discipline and i was told at the game on Saturday that we were fined close to a £1000. Two days later our manager is CHARGED by the FA ( not Wiltshire, the FA) for allegedly using  racist language and is banned for 4 games, got to go on a course and was fined. The Club and the Chairman come out saying that they back Nathan. Hang on a minute it was only a few years back that our ex manager Adi Mings received a race letter, and the Club wanted the Police involved, went to the papers and even on TV if i remember rightly. Talk about double standards.  I then hear we have appointed Steve Winter as assistant manager and I'm led to believe that he is also banned for the first 4 games of the season for FOUL and Abusive Language whilst he was assistant manager at Bishop Sutton last season. Do the Club know this?  Who is going to lead the side from the dug out's for the first 4 games. Clive Garraway? Matty Bown? oh no they have left.  I for one will not be returning to HP until this is sorted. I love Chippenham and respect greatly what the above names have done at the Club, but when others like insideleft are questioning certain things then it makes you wonder.  As stated if wrong on any of the above i apologize and am ready to be corrected.

15/7/2013 8:58 PM  #2

Re: Enough is enough!

We certainly seem to be in a bit of a mess. Discipline has been an issue at the club for some time now and if anything, seems to be getting worse. There's a few things mentioned above I wasn't aware of, which if true, causes me some concern. Stalwarts at the club who used to help out on match days have been disappearing off of the radar for a while and they aren't easily replaced. Apart from Chippenham Park, everything feels as though its on a downward spiral. Whatever the cause or causes need to be identified fast and the trend reversed. Whats happening with the Supporters Club? I haven't been a member for some years. As well as acting in a supporting role, they should be asking some probing questions.

15/7/2013 9:46 PM  #3

Bluebird17 wrote:

Who is going to lead the side from the dug out's for the first 4 games. Clive Garraway? Matty Bown? oh no they have left. .

Come on its obvious isn't it who will be running the show?!

16/7/2013 11:49 AM  #4

Didn't Lye and Casey leave the club for personal reasons, seeking the less demanding lifestyle of a lower tier?

Admittedly, it's a somewhat grim situation, but it's been the result of a tight budget (a problem which has been enhanced, no doubt, by the fine) and an inexperienced manager. The season hasn't even started yet.
Keep the Faith

16/7/2013 12:52 PM  #5

"Seeking the less demanding lifestyle of a lower tier?" I dont think so - and what about Kite, Ballinger and William's and then there are the coaching staff and club stalwarts who have departed. Players come and go we all know this but of greater worry are the loss of the volunteers who do so much to keep clubs at this level going for no reward apart from free entry to matches that they hardly see. They are almost impossible to replace - some can show decades of service. Great loss.
All is not good.

16/7/2013 1:58 PM  #6

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

of greater worry are the loss of the volunteers who do so much to keep clubs at this level going for no reward apart from free entry to matches that they hardly see. They are almost impossible to replace - some can show decades of service. Great loss.

Now that, is absolutely correct. At this level, the community backing the club is crucial to success.
It's up to peoples decisions to come and help out though, or even just to pay your money at the turnstile to attend a match. There were plenty more people who could've joined those of us sprucing the ground up during the summer weekends, and many more who could come back through the gates of a Saturday. It's peoples individual decisions which have the most impact.

05/8/2013 9:22 PM  #7

Cooky wrote:

Bluebird17 wrote:

Who is going to lead the side from the dug out's for the first 4 games. Clive Garraway? Matty Bown? oh no they have left. .

NOT OBVIOUS TO MOST OF US, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US

06/8/2013 10:08 PM  #8

MELKSHAM BLUEBIRD wrote:

Cooky wrote:

Bluebird17 wrote:

Clearly you ain't got your finger on the pulse. Pretty shocking for someone on the inside!

07/8/2013 9:19 AM  #9

Cooky wrote:

MELKSHAM BLUEBIRD wrote:

Cooky wrote:

Clearly you ain't got your finger on the pulse. Pretty shocking for someone on the inside!

Sorry to shatter your ridiculous assumptions, but I am not someone on the inside, and with reference to your reply on the "Taunton" topic I am also not on the board. So I would be grateful to know "who will be running the show".

07/8/2013 11:38 AM  #10

Aren't we all dancing around our hand bags?

Clearly the major thing that has changed our fortunes as a club is that Adie and his team left, and Nathan and his team arrived.

Other than that, the team, the supporters, the board etc are the same. I know John has moved out and Neil has moved in as Chairman but there was continuity. Other changes that have occurred have been caused by the new management.

I'm not saying that Mingsy was wonderful and Rudgey is rubbish, but clearly if you look at the results, the league position, the disciplinary record, the reduced fan base, the loss of key volunteers etc, those things have all happened since Rudgey took the reigns.

This is either a big coincidence, or the two things are linked.

Discuss!!

Board footera