BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/7/2013 10:00 AM  #11

Re: Rudge guilty of Race charge

athan Rudge, Chippenham Town FC
Bishops Cleeve v Chippenham Town
The FA Cup with Budweiser, 22 September 2012
FA Rule E3 – use of abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards an opponent. Further alleged that breach included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race within meaning of E3(2)

Found guilty. The club dont believe it and niether do the sycophants who chose to bury their heads in the sand. Stop making excuses for this sort of behavior and drag yourself into modern world please!

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

14/7/2013 2:14 PM  #12

Just because the F.A found him guilty on the balance of probabilities, it doesn't prove that he was.

Well said DB! Maybe the CTFC board are using the same belief about using 'balance of probabilities' in keeping Nathan as manager??

While I am at it, presumably the people who have criticised the club (Nathan and Board) regarding the (non?) signing of players were some of those who criticised the British and Ireland Lions' management team for dropping the captain for the 3rd test!!!!!!

Before having a go, simply wait and see?

Peter K Farrell

Last edited by Peter K Farrell (14/7/2013 2:16 PM)

14/7/2013 3:06 PM  #13

Here are my thoughts on the matter (for what they are worth)

The fact that Rudgey has been found guilty must indicate that there is a level of evidence against him that indicates that the events did take place.

What really upsets me is the fact that all the club has said is that it "backs" Nathan, but no condemnation of racism, the club has once again been in the media for another serious offence, add to that the fact the the club was at the FA twice last week (1 concerning the racism charge and another to discuss the dissaplinary record of last season) and the crowd trouble we witnessed last season (which again we got another fine) I see no change in stance from the club.

Whilst these incidents take place (and god forbid continue) Chippenham`s reputation will continue to be tarnished, I spoke to a number of fans yesterday that are very worried about fans walking away  due to the performances of last season, the way some players left the club under a cloud, the lack of discipline on the field and the erosion of respect to people that work damned hard for the club. The lack of action following incidents by the club is having a huge effect. You can not keep things like this behind closed doors. Chippenham needs to get back on track in more ways than one.

I am sure that I will now be taken to task by club officials on the views that I have posted, and I look forward to that conversation. I have been with CTFC for many years giving up my time, effort and money to help the club, that will not change but the club attitude MUST.

Last edited by Rockin (14/7/2013 3:12 PM)

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

14/7/2013 3:18 PM  #14

Well said Rockin, a change in the club's direction is much overdue.

Be interesting to see if the comments and concerns made here are addressed by the club in some way, a statement condemming racism would be a good start....

14/7/2013 5:03 PM  #15

Well said  Rockin .
Club is starting to get a bad name and its understandable that fans will turn there back because they do not want to be associated  with supch a reputation .
Strong action needs to be seen to be taken quickly to address problems

14/7/2013 6:20 PM  #16

Agree with you Frank (and great post Rockin by the way) but it's too late now.  The club have publically backed the Manager, the damage is done.  I'm not convinced they appreciate the gravity of this. 

14/7/2013 6:21 PM  #17

Well said Rockin, sums up my thoughts and those of the majority of the fans.

Chippenham Town used to be known as a Club with a large, knowledgable and passionate fan base who had players that gave 100% and never gave a quarter on the field, but it was all done in a sporting manor.

Now we are known as thugs on the field and off it. The racism charge is unforgivable and takes us into the gutter. The club continue to back a manager that took us on a 17 game winless streak, forced respected players out of the club, gave us the worse disipline record in the league and to top it all has been found guilty of racism. There is backing a manager and then there is being idiotic, I know which one I think the board are being.

Maybe a board member would like to explain their reasoning on here because I sure as hell dont understand it.

14/7/2013 7:13 PM  #18

Well articulated Rockin.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

15/7/2013 1:33 PM  #19

Shocking !!     Resignation not termination would be appropriate.

16/7/2013 10:26 AM  #20

Parking the outrage bus in neutral for one second...

Had a good think about this last night. Rudge has been found guilty and punished by the FA. who chose to give him a 4 game touchline ban - not 6 months or a year, but 4 games.

The club can of course elect not to use their gross misconduct clause, after all, who would want to destroy a 34 year olds potential management career? - Yet they have to be very sensitive in the manner in which they do it, and choosing to ignore the guilty verdict effectively condemns the victim in this case - the person who reported the allegation, to be that of a liar.

No - the correct action from both parties would be 'we accept the FA's verdict' 'Rudge has been punished and acknowledges that he was wrong, we stand by our young manager and will guide him as to his future conduct'

What do we get?

We don't believe he said it...
I didn't say it, my conscience is clear, but I won't appeal...

And then in the same week... We've got the players to sign up to a code of conduct which if they don't adhere to, we'll move them on..

Shambles - this goes way further into the club than Nathan Rudge.

Board footera