BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/7/2013 12:35 PM  #1

Rudge guilty of Race charge

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

12/7/2013 3:33 PM  #2

Re: Rudge guilty of Race charge

Good that the Club is backing him

12/7/2013 3:57 PM  #3

Yes it is. Though i'm certain had I have been found guilty of such an offence by an internal commsion which carries no legal authority outside the workplace, I would have been dismissed for gross misconduct.
Stamp out racism? Yeah - Right.

13/7/2013 9:45 AM  #4

Having brought great shame on the club I can only hope that Mr Rudge does he decent thing an resign as manager of Chippenham Town FC.
I do not want anybody who has been found guilty of such unforgivable comments to be associated with the club

13/7/2013 11:48 AM  #5

Have to agree with Frank.  The club have made a gross error here.  That's all I'm saying.

13/7/2013 1:28 PM  #6

If the club was truly serious about improving the disclipinary record would there be a better example than sacking the manager for bringing the club's name into disrepute.

As for resigning Frank neither he or the board did nothing when we were on a 17 game losing streak so why should we expect him/them to do the decent thing now. .

13/7/2013 4:52 PM  #7

It wouldn't suprise me if we don't get a couple of friendlys called off because of this. Im with the posts above. Its a gross misjudgement to keep him on. And I certainly wont attend any more games until the situation is remedied. By doing so we are condoning such behavior.

13/7/2013 6:20 PM  #8

I think it's fair to say that Nathan must have the complete and utter support of the board after that awful run of 17 games and then being found guilty of the F.A misconduct charge, which would have been a perfect opportunity to show him the door without having to settle the remainder of his contract. Any stay-away fans could be waiting a long time for the situation to be remedied.

Just because the F.A found him guilty on the balance of probabilities, it doesn't prove that he was. Nathan denied the charge, which of course I know he would do, even if he was guilty. The test applied in criminal law cases, that of beyond all reasonable doubt, should prevail instead of a choice as to whether it was more or less likely that he made the alleged remarks.

Unfortunately the evidence the witnesses were able to provide isn't in the public domain for us to be able to make our own informed decision. If he said things of a racist nature then clearly there's no place for him at HP, but if Nathan says that he's innocent and a member of the board who was present at the hearing believes him, then perhaps maybe we should at least entertain the possibility of him being innocent.

13/7/2013 9:04 PM  #9

Well said Dauntsey Boys and goodbye Lord Valdermort ,the whiff of self rightousness was getting a bit over the top.I suspect words were said in the heat of the moment and Nathan has once again learnt that a Manager has to lead from the front by example which he has failed to do on several occasions over the last season. The board has laid it on the line what is expected from staff and players,it is important that any failure to do so in future is dealt with in a way that leaves no doubt where the club stands on such issues.

14/7/2013 12:34 AM  #10

So is it ok to be racist "in the heat of the moment".

Board footera