BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/7/2013 10:35 AM  #1

Calne game

Sorry to be negative (strange to be seen as such having been accused for years on the beak of wearing rose coloured specs) but the Calne game has been cancelled according to the Gazette & Herald. No reason given.

11/7/2013 1:07 PM  #2

Re: Calne game

No mention of it being re-scheduled either... Perhaps the club felt that pre-season has become a bit congested? It can't be easy to cancel a Cup match, even if it's a local one.

11/7/2013 1:28 PM  #3

On the subject of friendly why isn't details of the Ipswich friendly on the board outside the ground. Aren't the club interested in attracting the casual passerby?????

11/7/2013 2:50 PM  #4

Calne cant raise a team is my information.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

11/7/2013 3:12 PM  #5

Joiner wrote:

On the subject of friendly why isn't details of the Ipswich friendly on the board outside the ground. Aren't the club interested in attracting the casual passerby?????

It is there in the form of a poster

11/7/2013 3:15 PM  #6

that is a great shame no matter what the reason. I always looked forward to this game and would make every effort to attend.
I wiil miss the game

11/7/2013 6:30 PM  #7

Strange to see an annual event that is much looked forward to by both sets of fans cancelled with no explaination. I have posted on the main site asking for the reason.

12/7/2013 1:22 PM  #8

quite simply Calne Town cant raise a side , there is a meeting at Calne monday night i believe that will determine as to wether they will run a Western League side this season or just go with a Wilts League team .

12/7/2013 3:58 PM  #9

Didn't get a full team for thier first training session, let alone a squad. They're doomed. - Unless some of the dreamers that turned up for ours have a reality check and get over to Bremhill View.

It shows I suppose exactly how our cloth is being cut this season, that every man and his dog thinks they can turn out for us and abandon the likes of Corsham and Clane. Though at least the lure of the southbank was enough for some.

Last edited by Lord Voldermort (12/7/2013 4:01 PM)

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

12/7/2013 5:14 PM  #10

According to club website the game is back on. No mention of date and time .

Board footera