BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/7/2013 9:51 PM  #1

New Faces

Looking at the pre-season training photos on the official site there are several new faces. Any one put a name to them.

07/7/2013 7:37 AM  #2

Re: New Faces

There's one on there who couldn't get into Corsham's first team in all honesty :-(   

07/7/2013 8:16 AM  #3

Does he play inside left ?

07/7/2013 10:35 AM  #4

"There's one who couldn't get into Corsham's first team in all honesty" If that's true that about sums up what players are now available to sign. Hope the directors have got some decent boots as at the moment there's a good chance they could get a game. Less than a week away from your first friendly and you've got 16 players signed on what is the problem???? No money, can't get anyone to sign on or right players not available ( mind you anyone who can kick a ball would be a step forward).

07/7/2013 11:58 AM  #5

just 1 ? think you are being kind there , the chipp park lads who are involved certainly wouldnt and 1 or 2 of the trialists would have to catch us on a bad day .

07/7/2013 2:11 PM  #6

Why does this thread remind me of a very strange old television show?

This is the reality of football at this level, and we do have some players of a decent calibre at the club. Better to keep a steady budget than to let it fall into ruin like so many others.

07/7/2013 7:55 PM  #7

CodeBluebird I quite agree about the reality of the situation at SL level but that doesn't detract from the fact that if you are completeing at this level you need a reasonable squad both size wise and quality. If we do not have the resources to complete then you must find the level where you can. I don't expect any director to risk their own financial position for the sake of a football club but how do other clubs manage with smaller gates and no money man behind them???

07/7/2013 8:14 PM  #8

Some good news at last, Ridgey's going to direct from the touchlines this yeat rather than play, hurray!

Talking of new faces...is it true that Chris Holland is joining us from Barf City, more than a useful signing if so and solves our poblem of who plays next to Tindle if true.

07/7/2013 8:43 PM  #9

It seems we have found a level in which we can compete, it's been a fair while in this league now. A lot of the teams in this league are on a fairly even keel, and it's possible to carve success through hard work. It'd only take a good season or a cup run to give us a bit of a cash boost. Perhaps they have fewer overheads to pay for?

With that news, I feel priviledged to have seen Rudgey up front against Leamington. I've not heard anything about Holland. What happened to Gethin Jones, is he still a free agent? I'd really like to see him here, he's local and has the experience we need.

07/7/2013 10:11 PM  #10

I thought Holland had signed for Cirencester

Board footera