BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/4/2013 12:58 PM  #11

Re: Chippenham Town v St. Albans City.

How nice to see a home win and a performance like the second half. Just proves we can do it question is why don't we do it more often, but then every fan in the country asks that of their team I'm sure.

Tindle should have got MoM, truely outstanding can only assume the amount of beer our foreign friends had consumed impaired thier judgement

14/4/2013 7:29 PM  #12

Grit, determination a brilliant Phillips vollley and a 25 yard LEFT foot shot from Osman got us through. St Albans were by far the better side in the first half and again our defence were frightened to death when trying to defend crosses.  Harris is not a centre back and when he was moved into his right position in central midfield we gave St Albans less space and we competed better.  I still don't think Rudgy knows his best side.  Our best form of defence is definately attack, I really hope we keep hold of McClennan, he excites the crowd and is as good as Ross Stearn.  The atmosphere was great and the second half was like the good old days.  It's been a long time coming !

15/4/2013 9:23 AM  #13

What a game I had to miss - and the local radio faded out as I was driving on the M4 at 3 -3 had my phone - but I won't use it whilst driving so didn't get the tweets as they happened. Great result but still worried about the goals we are shipping but I guess as long as it is 1 less than the opponent it will do for now. Just out of interest the last time we were troubled by possible demotion we ended with 42 points and escaped due to reorganisation. We would have needed 48 points to have been safe.

15/4/2013 12:16 PM  #14

Great game to watch, some bizarre refereeing decisions that mostly evened themselves out and a bit of luck, plus some the best goals I've seen scored by Bluebirds in all my time watching the team. The way the team adjusted shape and came back at the opponents when they went behind was excellent. Hear that Philips needed stiches to his knee - amusing that Rudge came jogging off to be his replacement  and had to checck he was actually named on the teamsheet before disappearing into the tunnel and then couldnt find his kit in the dressing room.

Guthrie was able to play (and score a great goal!) because his red card a few games ago was appealed against and rescinded using our video evidence - so well done Matt for getting that crucial evidence 

Under the circumstances I'd take a point from Leamington if we can, but am starting to believe we can grab 3pts hopefully without also getting suspensions and further injuries

Board footera