BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/4/2013 10:07 AM  #1

Chippenham Town v St. Albans City.

It should be a good one today after our two wins on the spin.  The shape of the side looked good at Kettering with an outstanding performances from Joe McClennan who murdered there defence all afternoon and Greg Tindle rock solid at the back. Darren Mullings controlling the centre of the park.On Tuesday we started well only to be again hit by a dodgey penalty, but the heads stayed up and we hit back hard with three goals with Lee Philips volley a real screamer, Phiiips and Griffin looking a real partnership up front, Mullings again pulling the strings in midfield and growing into the player we hoped he would be.He seemed to over stretch right on half time and did not reappear for the second half. With Darren missing this seemed to give Cambridge more space in midfield and they pushed hard, but with  Tindle and Harris again solid at the back and a couple of smart saves by John we saw the game out. The confidence was flowing after the game. I'm hoping Darren's stretch was not serious.We are low on numbers today Guthrie could be missing (depending on appeal)But the confidence is massive. Good luck to Nathan,Rich and the boys.  Welcome to Bojorn and Norwegian boys today. Noise levels and atmosphere should be up today.  With the barbecue straight after the game today lets hope the predicted rain stays away

13/4/2013 11:32 AM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town v St. Albans City.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon's game a lot. Its the first time for a long while that I've felt this confident about getting a result.  

13/4/2013 4:43 PM  #3

3-3  latest

13/4/2013 4:44 PM  #4

winning 4-3 I think 

13/4/2013 6:07 PM  #5

4-3 it finished, and what a game!  After the dross we've had to put up with for months this was the other end of the scale.  Two spectacular goals and two brilliantly taken goals, marred only by the injury to Lee Phillips, against a St Albans side who posed us problems all match.  A great all round team performance but Greg Tindell stood out for me - what a player he is when he's got his head on.  Superb.  
How vital will the moment be when the stranded Ben John was lobbed from distance, only for the ball to bounce up, hit the bar and come down on or near the goaline?  Was it 3-3 at the time?  Can't quite recall but I said to someone at the time that that could be the bit of luck we need.
Excellent noise from the Norwegians too - what a game for them to witness, although whether a few of them will remember anything in the morning remains to be seen :-)

13/4/2013 7:13 PM  #6

Superb stuff. The text and twitter had me on the edge of my seat. Well done everyone.

13/4/2013 7:22 PM  #7

I'm always proud to be a Bluebird, but especially so today. A great performance, a couple of fantastic goals and a comic moment or two along the way as well. Nathan was one of the substitutes, but hadn't bothered to wear his football kit. When Lee was injured we'd already used two of our subs. Nathan ran off to get changed. Richard Fey tried to delay the re-start by walking across the pitch from one side to the other. By the time Nathan emerged in his kit, we'd already put on Shane Blackmore. The feel good factor is definitely back at HP. 

13/4/2013 10:08 PM  #8

A great afternoon and congratulations to St Albans for their part in one of the best games i have seen in this and past seasons.I hope our Norwegian friends dont suffer from too many sore heads in the morning.A superp team effort but having named Greg as my player of the season despite the number of games he has played he once again stood out for his super all round gutsy performance.
 Rudgy and Richard have taken some deserved flak but must be congratulated on this perfomance and the scene at the end when he and the players were clapped of the pitch showed what it meant to him and the players.
I hope Lee makes a speedy recovery and i am sure he will remember the srtike for the first goal long after he stops playing.
  Well  done all.

13/4/2013 11:35 PM  #9

Another super performance from all the lads today. Well done Rudge an  Fey, the hard work is paying off! All the best to Phillips  on his injury.Nice to see him up the bar after going to hospital. On a sour note, listening in the background of the Fey interview on youtube, it sounds like the away dressing room was trashed by the visitors. Hopefully not too expensive to repair.

14/4/2013 8:13 AM  #10

I hope that wasnt the case. You cant behave like that in defeat - imagine the damsge we could have done this season.

Board footera