BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/3/2024 6:41 PM  #1

Welling

Four on the spin. Bloody hell.

Hope the lads haven’t already booked their post-season holiday…

23/3/2024 6:49 PM  #2

Re: Welling

Poor first half but unbelievable second half. Some great goals and the best atmosphere all season. That fourth goal in particular was incredible, was like watching Barcelona. All of a sudden we are 18 points off relegation and just 6 off the playoffs. Good to put on such a good show in front of a big turnout as well. 

23/3/2024 7:13 PM  #3

Great result against a side inform, lovely to get a result against what must be the mouthiest manager in the league and his side line crew.
He just didn’t shut up, I’m sure players can’t take in all those instructions.
Keeper spent most of his time off his line and got caught out at least twice.

23/3/2024 7:27 PM  #4

I need to go to Spain more often.  9 points in my absence and then a carnival of goals this pm in front of a good crowd and a brilliant choir,too.  Welling can feel aggrieved at the scoreline  as I thought they throroughly deserved their 1st half lead and seemed to be coping better uphill and into the wind  in the second half than we had in the first. Great strike by Luke Haines followed by a Tyreke special, and suddenly we were utterly     transformed and started to look dangerous every time we went forward. Couple of bits of almost showboating interplay showed just what talent we have under the bonnet.  Great atmosphere.  Wasn't long ago we all sat through  under-par performances in front of barely 500 silent spectators.  How quickly things can change.

23/3/2024 8:02 PM  #5

Good win today. Didn't see that scoreline coming 20 minutes into the second half - Welling looked a decent outfit and looked dangerous whenever they went forward. Excellent strike from Haines and nice to see Tyreke Johnson score a couple as he was positive whenever he got the ball on the left wing. Once the equaliser went in we turned the screw. Similar to last season in that we get to March and are a different team.

Last edited by Argus (23/3/2024 8:44 PM)

23/3/2024 8:58 PM  #6

Fantastic second half, some real class goals. Atmosphere was really good in second half, first half when we was shooting towards the school end could hear a pin drop. Luke Haines goal was a special strike. Shame to see an overweight bald fan have a violent incident with a Welling player outside the tunnel,with the supporter waiting outside the tunnel for the player, really not needed and saw various people filming, hopefully won't see him at future games if that is how he behaves! Do we dream of a late playoff push?

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (23/3/2024 8:58 PM)

23/3/2024 9:52 PM  #7

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Fantastic second half, some real class goals. Atmosphere was really good in second half, first half when we was shooting towards the school end could hear a pin drop. Luke Haines goal was a special strike. Shame to see an overweight bald fan have a violent incident with a Welling player outside the tunnel,with the supporter waiting outside the tunnel for the player, really not needed and saw various people filming, hopefully won't see him at future games if that is how he behaves! Do we dream of a late playoff push?

Leave Donk alone

23/3/2024 10:26 PM  #8

Wellard wrote:

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Leave Donk alone

If you think his behaviour was acceptable will leave it at that but in my opinion was embarrassing and I can't defend it in this case.

23/3/2024 11:08 PM  #9

What an amazing game. Totally outplayed in the first half by a good footballing side, our first goal (what a strike) changed everything. Not sure whether their keeper got caught out of position a few times or whether he was just unlucky? Makes a change to score four goals, and none by recognised strikers!  Nice to have 700+ in the ground. 

23/3/2024 11:38 PM  #10

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Wellard wrote:

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Leave Donk alone

If you think his behaviour was acceptable will leave it at that but in my opinion was embarrassing and I can't defend it in this case.

Didn’t see anything so can’t comment. But would say Welling were a horrible bunch, so not going to lose much sleep over it.

Board footera