BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2024 10:20 AM  #1

Dover

On paper a game Chippenham should be favourites for. Wonder if GH goes two up top again with McClure and Fasanmade. Not been a home game for a while so hopefully the attendance may be a bit better and the atmosphere is an improvement on recent times. A two goal Chip win is my prediction and everybody goes home happy.

24/2/2024 2:44 PM  #2

Re: Dover

Our record against struggling sides is not impressive, we tend to do better against high flyers. Keeping my fingers crossed

24/2/2024 5:30 PM  #3

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

Our record against struggling sides is not impressive, we tend to do better against high flyers. Keeping my fingers crossed

Currently losing 1-0; nothing new there then Bluebirds, eh? 

Last edited by Yorkie (24/2/2024 5:32 PM)

24/2/2024 5:50 PM  #4

Now 1-1! 

24/2/2024 6:27 PM  #5

We were definitely second best for for the first 55-60 minutes of the game, where Dover belied their dire position by being more positive, hungrier and more dangerous than us.  We looked really off it and lost too many 50-50 balls. Only after the equaliser,  did we properly wake up and in the last 20 minutes or so, looked the only team likely to go on and win it.,  Rare collectors' item:- 3 up front at the end of the game ( AAH, Fas and Tyreke). Well done everybody, though on an important 3 points and for turning the game around.. from  what looked for some time to be another sub par Home performance. The 540 or so crowd seemed a bit more animated than they were against Braintree... and the succesion of corners we won near the end of the game helped build  some crowd momentum and excitement.

24/2/2024 6:42 PM  #6

Was a bit nervy at times but second half was a better performance, first half wasn't a lot to write home about. Just about edged it with the second half performance and Fasanmade popping up with another late goal. Good to see the drum back and 4 or 5 singers with it of differing ages as well, after two home games of no singing was refreshing.

24/2/2024 11:53 PM  #7

What a terrible first half performance, second best against the bottom team. I thought Dover deserved their half time lead and were going to inflict another home defeat on us until the equaliser changed everything. We then woke up and actually played some good attacking football, but it was a long time coming. Unfortunately performances like this won't help increase attendances, but at least we won.

25/2/2024 1:26 AM  #8

Know it will be said that a win is a win and all that - but found it again to be a hard watch. First half display was awful - nothing from a Chippenham perspective happened. Early part of the second half Dover looked likely to get another but the game changed when the equaliser went in.They then faded like a bottom of league side and we took advantage.

Last edited by Argus (25/2/2024 1:31 PM)

25/2/2024 12:34 PM  #9

Probably the poorest first 45 minutes I’ve seen this season. Everything breaking down passes under or overhit. Team seemed very disjointed . And our usual team spirt was missing. Dover working very hard as a team that needed  to win. That continued in the early stages of the second half. I think the introduction of Jake Evans changed the game and he gave us a much needed boost in energy. And once we got the all important equaliser I really thought we would go on and win it. And the the old saying, if we get 1 we’ll get 2 would come into play.  And sheer determination that had been missing for a lot of the 90 minutes came through and Fas forced the ball home in the 89 minute. To send me and most of the crowd home happy.
We needed to win today. Well done Gary and the squad. Got there in the end. 😀

25/2/2024 12:48 PM  #10

As usual Rambler’s view of the game very good summary. But why did it take the management team 70 minutes to make changes that should have been made at half time after one of the worst 45 minutes I have seen this season? And after some of our home performances that is saying something. Just don’t understand the team selection at times. This season our best attacking options have come down the wings from Eddie Jones and Freddy Grant (injured or tactical?). With neither playing virtually nothing out wide. Option play Tyreke Johnson but then what do we fans know.
Why yesterday every time Dover had a corner did we bring all 11 players back? Leaving no one up field simply means Dover had all 10 outfield players in our half. Leave one player on the halfway line usually means the opposition leave 2 players back.
Finally Matt McClure. Again yesterday forced for most of the game to come back into midfield to try and create something. Not the most effective way to play him.

Board footera