BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/2/2024 5:06 PM  #31

Re: V Braintree

96chipp wrote:

Cooky wrote:

Atmosphere at Bromley away was superb and I recall Gary didn’t come over to thank the fans after the game

He definitely came over and clapped, don’t think he needs to do anymore than that imo

He walked straight off

11/2/2024 9:01 PM  #32

Cooky wrote:

96chipp wrote:

Cooky wrote:

Atmosphere at Bromley away was superb and I recall Gary didn’t come over to thank the fans after the game

He definitely came over and clapped, don’t think he needs to do anymore than that imo

He walked straight off

Why lie…. the whole squad and staff (including Gary!) came over and clapped the fans behind the goal! I believe i could tell you as I was one of them! 🤣

Not sure why people making up lies about one of/if not the most successful manager we’ve had?

Last edited by BlueBird5 (11/2/2024 9:01 PM)

12/2/2024 2:57 AM  #33

Agendas. Everyone has them.

Remember it was Mike Cook that used to get the usual nonsense that he doesn’t interact with the fans. While Mark collier was one of the greatest politicians around, GH often sits with fans in the bar talking about football and the team after home games. He is one of the most accessible managers you could want.  As for talking to fans around the ground,  they are on the pitch to work, not to be politicians, so swallow your ego because they don’t say hello to you in a warm up or game.

If you watch the Braintree’s managers interview then that says everything about the game really. Felt lucky to have won and Chippenham are a very good side. This nonsense of having only one striker - Ed Williams, Tyreke Johnson, Jake Evans are all
Attacking players.  It’s clear more goals are needed at the moment but 2/3 of our starting 11 were 18-24 years old so consistency is always an issue with younger players.

This forum is a reflection of the atmosphere at games. Old timers (like myself), with little understanding of football (arguably like myself) and the verdict is based purely on whether it’s a win or a loss.  We narrowly lost 1-0 to a team who have now won 4 of their last 5 games. Perspective.

12/2/2024 8:26 AM  #34

Funny old game wrote:

Remember it was Mike Cook that used to get the usual nonsense that he doesn’t interact with the fans. While Mark collier was one of the greatest politicians around, GH often sits with fans in the bar talking about football and the team after home games. He is one of the most accessible managers you could want.  As for talking to fans around the ground,  they are on the pitch to work, not to be politicians, so swallow your ego because they don’t say hello to you in a warm up or game.

If you watch the Braintree’s managers interview then that says everything about the game really. Felt lucky to have won and Chippenham are a very good side. This nonsense of having only one striker - Ed Williams, Tyreke Johnson, Jake Evans are all
Attacking players.  It’s clear more goals are needed at the moment but 2/3 of our starting 11 were 18-24 years old so consistency is always an issue with younger players.

This forum is a reflection of the atmosphere at games. Old timers (like myself), with little understanding of football (arguably like myself) and the verdict is based purely on whether it’s a win or a loss.  We narrowly lost 1-0 to a team who have now won 4 of their last 5 games. Perspective.

Sounds like a lot of Club PR there!!

If the Braintree manager thinks Chippenham are a very good side at the moment - I would suggest he is being a good politician. We are nowhere near it.

The one striker observation is not nonsense. Chippenham play with one striker.
Ed Williams is an attacking midfielder who probably under instruction rarely supports the lone striker. For a lot of games recently barely noticed him. Jake Evans spent most of Saturday running around aimlessly....in  midfield and Tyreke Johnson spent a lot of time Saturday on the left wing tracking back and defending. If these guys are meant to be further forward supporting our one striker then Horgan, Coupe and the other coach in the dug out need to do a bit more coaching on the training pitch!!

I think there is a lot of good understanding of football on this forum and good perspective of matters at the club. Find it interesting that you are so dismissive of anyone who has a critical opinion or an opinion different to your own. Sounds as if you have a certain pro Chippenham Town agenda yourself - which you are very keen to promote no matter what.

12/2/2024 10:11 AM  #35

Argus wrote:

Funny old game wrote:

Sounds like a lot of Club PR there!!

Sounds like the voice to me 🙄 and has the same Pro Chipp Agenda of someone on the payroll.

Jake Evans, Ed Williams and Johnson are not strikers.

People are not moaning about the result, so you are completely incorrect there, it’s the style of play at home when we create one shot on target. It’s boring.

Last edited by Wellard (12/2/2024 10:48 AM)

12/2/2024 7:40 PM  #36

It seems that 3 or 4 common points  have emerged from the  34 posts (thus far) on this thread.1. The atmosphere at home games. 2. Our attacking play. 3 Who the Club excludes... or doesn't exclude from the ground and 4. The fans' relationship with players and management.
Obviously,  they are all connected... and that their coming to a head on this thread has been occasioned by a relatively poor/indifferent  run of form from the 1st team.

My quick observations about the above.  1 & 2.Poor Atmosphere:- Self evidently connected to poor home form and style of play. We can play slick, exciting football and then repeatedly fall short in and around the box.  Most clubs have this problem.  Ours is acute at present and makes for real frustration. As for fan noise.. I don't think we can simply sub-contract it out to others to do it on our behalf. Thinking Ebbsfleet away in the play-offs 2 years ago-ish and certainly Burton... we can make a lot of noise if we want to. I'm an old grump sitting in the Stand.  I'd be quite prepared, however, to answer the call ... if others did.. of a designated " Make a Noise " Saturday and shuffle myself off behind the goal to do just that.  It would be an interesting Call-to-Arms and interesting, too, to see its effect on the players and the game  as a whole. Now there's an idea, Simon. A Club request for as many as possble to head behind the goal... at least for one designated game.
3. Who the club excludes.  This is fraught with difficulty. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. One of the principal  USPs of Non-League football is the promise of a safe family atmosphere.  The Chair & Directors have a duty  first and foremost to safety and good order... both legally and in terms of getting new fans through he door. Anyone deemed to compromise either of these two requirements has no place in the ground... whether they contribute to the atmosphere or not. If it's not an FA fine then it's families with young kids voting with their feet that hurt the Club. Clearly, if the Board feel that there are individual(s) who they can't allow in, its really not an issue for 3rd party argument.
Finally, No. 4.  Relationships between fans and players/management.  See point 1 &2.  It would have been hard for anyone from the player/managerial staff  to have gone  over to any part of the ground on Saturday and applaud the silence of the fans there. As my dear friend Bruce Springsteen says repeatedly during  concerts : "We'll bring you the Music; you bring us The Noise".. can't make magic without the two of them. That's the Holy Brew. I can't imagine any of the players not responding to this sort of support.

Anyone for "Behind the Goal" Saturday or whatever you want to call it? It can only be done by collective agreement.. to kick-start a return to some noisier support. It clearly happens at Away games. Something positive for the Forum regulars to ponder.......

Last edited by Rambler (12/2/2024 7:41 PM)

Board footera