BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/2/2024 5:45 PM  #1

V Braintree

78 minutes gone: 1-0 down 

10/2/2024 6:12 PM  #2

Re: V Braintree

Lost 1-0.

10/2/2024 6:42 PM  #3

Didn't deserve to win, but didn't deserve to lose with such a scrappy goal. Absolutely abysmal refereeing.

10/2/2024 6:42 PM  #4

5 points from the last 6 games, simply not good enough
There can be no excuses for the run of bad form and no positives can come from this afternoons shambles

10/2/2024 6:45 PM  #5

Another frustrating, vaguely surreal game.. the heightened reality coming from the Chips-on the- Pitch episode and the young man (?) holed up on the refreshment kiosk roof for much of the second half. Bizarre refereeing added to the  weirdness.. with some obvious fouls, from  both sides, going completely unpunished, and the bizarre decision to Yellow Card Fas for a complete 50/50 "racing incident" between him and their keeper. I can't imagine there won't be a complaint, as there was neither intent nor the opportunity to withdraw from the reasonable commitment he had made to get to the ball.

We were really bright, zippy and quite dangerous at the start getting some joy down both flanks.  Lost our way a bit in the second half, not helped by some wayward shooting.  Their goal came as  result of their blitzkrieg corner routines that involved  a lot of bullying and scrummage type tactics.  We could have got back in at the end but didn't.. as we just didn't have the cutting edge.

To those who think we have somehow " settled" for mid-table mediocrity, I don't think you could  be further from the truth.  We are in a Darwinian fight for survival at this level and realistically, probably will be for the forseeable future if we remain in the NLS. Nothing, but nothing is done and dusted.  Anyone loking for champagne football will have to look elsewhere; I think this is going to be a gritty, characterful grinding out of points from hereon in.. and we could do with all the support we can get. The Braintree noise for the entire second half  was exceptional.. Well done them.

10/2/2024 7:44 PM  #6

Rambler wrote:

Another frustrating, vaguely surreal game.. the heightened reality coming from the Chips-on the- Pitch episode and the young man (?) holed up on the refreshment kiosk roof for much of the second half. Bizarre refereeing added to the  weirdness.. with some obvious fouls, from  both sides, going completely unpunished, and the bizarre decision to Yellow Card Fas for a complete 50/50 "racing incident" between him and their keeper. I can't imagine there won't be a complaint, as there was neither intent nor the opportunity to withdraw from the reasonable commitment he had made to get to the ball.

We were really bright, zippy and quite dangerous at the start getting some joy down both flanks.  Lost our way a bit in the second half, not helped by some wayward shooting.  Their goal came as  result of their blitzkrieg corner routines that involved  a lot of bullying and scrummage type tactics.  We could have got back in at the end but didn't.. as we just didn't have the cutting edge.

To those who think we have somehow " settled" for mid-table mediocrity, I don't think you could  be further from the truth.  We are in a Darwinian fight for survival at this level and realistically, probably will be for the forseeable future if we remain in the NLS. Nothing, but nothing is done and dusted.  Anyone loking for champagne football will have to look elsewhere; I think this is going to be a gritty, characterful grinding out of points from hereon in.. and we could do with all the support we can get. The Braintree noise for the entire second half  was exceptional.. Well done them.

Shame he won’t be banned. Non stop causing trouble doesn’t get banned. Disgusting behaviour.
One rule for one person and a rule for others.
#wewantsmithyback #justiceforsmithy

10/2/2024 7:52 PM  #7

Excited to read this! Great facts and the caliber of details distributed is awesome!
Thanks all of you!

10/2/2024 9:40 PM  #8

Thought we looked good for most of that game. Couldn’t create lots but credit to Braintree - they defended very well.

Think they had 3 shots all game so disappointing to lose it as we did but lacking quality once we got in the final third - was a problem.

1000 times better than Havant & Tonbridge games but no goals. Needs addressing with recruitment I think.

10/2/2024 10:29 PM  #9

Another game where we struggled in the final third, I can't see where a goal is coming from at the moment, I didn't go to Tonbridge but listened to commentary and it sounded similar to that game. We played some good football but we just are not the attacking force we were even just a few weeks ago. First half very little goalmouth action at both ends.

Braintree's support was utterly fantastic today. We used to have fans like that who sung behind the goal but I didn't see a single one there today, really sad to see and the atmosphere is truly shocking, can't be inspiring for the players in the slightest. Reason they not there may be more closer to home than we think from what I overheard in bar at half time today.

What was with that incident on the tea bar roof as well,I thought at one point when the referee spoke to linesman they were considering abandoning it until he got down. This individual has had issues over many weeks now and club seem happy to let it carry on.

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (11/2/2024 1:43 AM)

10/2/2024 10:38 PM  #10

I was just below the tea hut, it seemed to me  me he is a severely troubled young man and the club handled him very sensitively.

Board footera