BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/2/2024 6:59 PM  #1

WSM

Tonight’s match at Weston super Mud is off.

06/2/2024 7:15 PM  #2

Re: WSM

When did it last rain???

06/2/2024 7:20 PM  #3

Started to drizzle here about 4 p.m. Weston, Taunton, Truro (Plymouth Parkway) all have sub standard pitch surfaces yet no attention is paid to this by the National South League. Meanwhile teams spend a fortune on players at the expense of spending money on pitch drainage etcetera.

06/2/2024 7:29 PM  #4

Should forfeit the game

06/2/2024 7:46 PM  #5

Cooky wrote:

When did it last rain???

Good point.  I make it that's the third time this fixture has been called off. Seems ridiculous.

06/2/2024 9:08 PM  #6

Weston have had games called off at short notice for years. The authorities just shrug their shoulders. Park pitches are in better condition. It is the third time this fixture has been called off. Agree - they should forfeit the game.

Last edited by Argus (06/2/2024 9:10 PM)

06/2/2024 9:12 PM  #7

Chipp54 wrote:

Cooky wrote:

When did it last rain???

Good point.  I make it that's the third time this fixture has been called off. Seems ridiculous.

Think I correct in saying that if it was the FA cup they would have had to forfeit fixture after 3 cancellations or play it away.

06/2/2024 9:44 PM  #8

Just back from WSM.  That was fun!.  Wasn't the only disgruntled Chippenham punter who'd suffered the wind , the rain and the dark to get there.  Grrr!  Five-a-side happily being played under lights on the adjacent astroturf was somewhat ironic....Was probably naive enough not have checked at 6 pm..

Board footera