BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2024 9:15 PM  #11

Re: Bath City Away

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

I tell you what, I don't miss Parselle or Russe, my blue tinted shades must have seen past how bang average they are at this level.

Neither particularly influential in these games. Bath followers have been telling me that Russe has been their best player this season but some people go for the busy type of player. Fair to say that Spokes has been the better midfield performer of the two. Parselle is a different player with them it seems. In the few times i've seen him play for Bath, he is not the ball playing defender/stepping out from the back player he was or encouraged to be with us - even under Mike Cook. Probably being asked to be a different type of defender and looks a more physical player these days.

Last edited by Argus (02/1/2024 11:38 AM)

01/1/2024 9:32 PM  #12

Thought for 60/70 minutes we were better than them. Should have had a penalty with a foul on Ellison and a pull on Matt’s shirt in the first half. Start of the second half was tricky but we adapted well and ended the stronger team with Tyreke causing them problems.  They probably had the best chance of the game though with Henry making a good save.

Tough conditions to play in and a fair result in the end.  Although I’ll say it again, when you match up (approximate) budgets and the age of the teams, it shouldn’t even be a contest. This side will only get better and we are a much more adaptable side now.

01/1/2024 9:41 PM  #13

Same as last week for most of the game seemed more interested in not losing than winning. Lost count the number of times when we got into Bath's half and somehow without a Bath player touching the ball it ended back with Henry. First half bordering between cagey to boring from both sides. Deserved point but with bit more ambition like we saw in the last 5 minutes or so could have been 3. As others have hinted at all this mucking around at the back is achieving what???? Would be nice to see 2 attacking players on the pitch on Saturday

01/1/2024 10:45 PM  #14

Joiner wrote:

Same as last week for most of the game seemed more interested in not losing than winning. Lost count the number of times when we got into Bath's half and somehow without a Bath player touching the ball it ended back with Henry. First half bordering between cagey to boring from both sides. Deserved point but with bit more ambition like we saw in the last 5 minutes or so could have been 3. As others have hinted at all this mucking around at the back is achieving what???? Would be nice to see 2 attacking players on the pitch on Saturday

Ed Williams
Tom Owen-Evans
Jake Evans
Matt McClure
Alex Bray

Johnson and Craig on the bench and one of them came on.  Are the above not enough away from home against 4th in the league?

02/1/2024 12:54 AM  #15

blackandamber1 wrote:

Fairly unforgettable game! Atrocious conditions made it practically impossible to play decent football! Chippenham persistence in faffing about with passes between defenders & goalkeeper near cost them! I was also disappointed at them not play the right ball going forward when they had the initiative!
Massive shout out to the supporters who stayed on the terraces! I was soaked just walking to my car!
Did a Bath player head a goal bound shot (that was going in) over the bar?
Shouldn’t think Bromley will be too worried after what they saw today!!

There was one that Wilson headed about 10 foot over the bar that looked a dangerous cross, didn't have a clear view from behind the goal so not sure if was going in or not.

Board footera