BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/12/2023 1:03 PM  #1

Bath City Away

I’m going to this as I’m feeling strangely optimistic. I would hope for a reaction, following the somewhat aggrieved defeat at HP.
I will go for a solid 1-1.

01/1/2024 7:07 PM  #2

Re: Bath City Away

I was really proud of the way we played our football this wet afternoon. We looked a class outfit in the first half and really got into some dangerous positions... particularly MM who appeared in their box and really menaced.  Once again, I thought our back line was utterly solid and positive,  our midfield were composed and dangerous and Freddie and Alex B were again allowed to raid to Bath's dead-ball line.  We weathered the storm after half time... when  Bath came on strong and we reverted once or twice to some of our bad habits of overplaying across our own area, which invited them on. Dealt superbly with everything in the air... as per the first game. Was delighted by the positive nature of the substitutions.  Was expecting defensive consolidation and instead got Tyreke who immediately caused problems down the left... and Tom who picked up where TOE had left off.  Thought Jake Evans and TOE had their best games ( that I have seen|) for us. Will repeat earlier remarks about Spokes' influence in front of the the back 3 ( or 5 depending on your point of view). Interesting to see Luke Russe brought off before the end. A moral battle won there, I think.
A draw didn't right the wrongs of the first game... which the highlights seem to confirm, especially the AAH penalty shout... but was at the very last,  fit reward for a good performance  in front of close to two and a half thousand spectators. Honour restored.  We very much looked the footballing side, which is a tribute, once again, to everyone from the Chairman down. Oh.. and... Dan Ellison is human after all!! A bit wayward in the long distribution department, in an otherwise pretty immaculate game!!

01/1/2024 7:16 PM  #3

Thought we were the better team and could have easily nicked it, but then again they had their chances and could have done the same. A draw was fair as it should have been on Boxing Day.

A point on the road is always a bonus.

01/1/2024 7:32 PM  #4

Two fairly even teams.
We edged the first half and probably should have had a penalty when McClure was pulled to the ground.
They edged the 2nd and should have scored with Wilson’s header.
Overal finishing was poor from both sides. Think we should be looking to replace Windsor if possible as we lack a threat at the moment.
A draw a fair result I think.
Best bit of the game was the ref failing over and acting like he was injured, like he did last season against Braintree 🤣

Oh and whilst a big old ground Twerton is looking very very tired. Crumbling terraces, peeling paint, awful toilets and half the flood light bulbs not working. One corner look pretty dark.

01/1/2024 7:46 PM  #5

A good characteristic of this side is that we’re hard to beat, showed again today.

Only lost 11 times in 49 league games last year, just need to start being more clinical to turn these draws into victories. Onwards. PS, Twerton remains a dive, much prefer our humble abode to their crumbling behemoth.

01/1/2024 7:51 PM  #6

Wellard wrote:

Overal finishing was poor from both sides. Think we should be looking to replace Windsor if possible as we lack a threat at the moment.

We have an attacking threat who didn't come on, "Super Matt" is undroppable it seems.

01/1/2024 8:26 PM  #7

Didn’t really shine on Boxing Day.

01/1/2024 8:46 PM  #8

I tell you what, I don't miss Parselle or Russe, my blue tinted shades must have seen past how bang average they are at this level.

01/1/2024 9:08 PM  #9

Another tactical/game plan affair. Not much on show in terms of enterprising football but it was competitive game and a deserved away point. Most of the first half we were better with Bath quite passive.Thought Bath improved 2nd half and pushed us back at times but did not build a sustained spell of pressure.Good decision to put Freddie Grant back into left back when Nat Williams was subbed as they were starting to get in down their right wing. Grant sorted that out instantly. Would also like to see improvements/attacking ideas in the final third and a couple of strikers to bring something different as we are top heavy with midfielders. Back to today - must mention Will Henry - made a excellent save second half.

Last edited by Argus (02/1/2024 1:46 AM)

01/1/2024 9:12 PM  #10

Fairly unforgettable game! Atrocious conditions made it practically impossible to play decent football! Chippenham persistence in faffing about with passes between defenders & goalkeeper near cost them! I was also disappointed at them not play the right ball going forward when they had the initiative!
Massive shout out to the supporters who stayed on the terraces! I was soaked just walking to my car!
Did a Bath player head a goal bound shot (that was going in) over the bar?
Shouldn’t think Bromley will be too worried after what they saw today!!

Board footera