BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/12/2023 10:51 AM  #1

V Bath City Today.

The big game is upon us.  And the weather looks set fair for today. Hope we play to our strengths and take the game to Bath. It could well be a tight one. I’ll say 2-1 to the Blues. But looking forward to it. Be nice to see a big turnout. Especially few new Chippenham fans. Good luck Gary Matt and all the lads.  😎

26/12/2023 2:08 PM  #2

Re: V Bath City Today.

Bad day at the office today. 0-4

26/12/2023 6:21 PM  #3

Any of our fans fancy making any noise ever

26/12/2023 6:51 PM  #4

Far, far more disappointed by the result than by the performance. Felt a draw would be much better reflection of an often cagey, scrappy contest. Too far away to see events surrounding our disallowed goal,  so  will rely on the wisdom and eyesight of others as to the correctness of the referee's decision.  Bath did pretty much a Weymouth on us... endless crosses, lots of corners endlessly mopped up by the immaculate Ellison and AAH. Most of our threat, certainly in the second half came through Freddie G marauding down the left and crossing dangerously. Thought he had an outstanding game, constantly flicking headers on to Ed Williams, in a bit of space. Thought Spokes looked, on today's showing, a more influential defensive midfielder than Russe.  Parselle kept his backline high up the pitch, compressed the midfield  forcing us to go over or through quite heavy traffic.  I'm pretty sure Gary, Matt and the players will be grieving about this one... and will be well up for next Monday.  Large crowd.   but remarkably quiet at both ends.  We managed a few desultory obscenities  but it all petered out.
This loss might have hurt even more if we hadn't picked up the 3 points at Maidstone.  Absolutely impossible to predict next Monday, except that Bath will know, if they didn't know already, they have a game on their hands and a good footballing side to beat.

26/12/2023 6:59 PM  #5

Think a draw would have been a fair result. Super Will making a couple of top drawer saves and not sure about the disallowed goal either think was a harsh decision. Owen-Evans could have had a penalty. Disappointing to see a lanky guy in 20's with a black stone island jacket lash out at another supporter and verbally abuse him in front of bar at half time and then run away from him, no need for it at all.

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (26/12/2023 7:32 PM)

26/12/2023 8:05 PM  #6

Game plan seemed obvious from the start when 5 lining up at the back. Object seemed to be more not to lose than win. Played too cautiously for too long. Fasenmade heavily outnumbered anywhere the penalty area and going forward our play at times was too slow allowing Bath get their defence organised. I think  some of the crucial decisions went Bath's way which had a direct influence on the result. Having said all that don't think anyone had a bad game. No doubt just following the game plan.

26/12/2023 8:06 PM  #7

Dull game 1st half, 2nd half a slightly better watch but a very cat and mouse affair. Atmosphere surprisingly low key with some visitors from Bath moaning about the standard of our ground!! Obviously they don't go to Twerton Park too often!! Back to the football - as has been mentioned many times before, we are a mid table team and this was a fine margins result that reflects our position - despite best efforts in a tight game - just missing out on a point.

Bath fancy themselves for a play off spot and although don't rate them much, they had plenty of physicality and know how in their ranks and they made that count alongside getting the rub of the green with the two refereeing calls. Thought again we were too cautious/risk averse in set up and general play, with our striker again getting nothing in terms of service. Although our style looks neat and tidy, often it is predictable. Do wonder why it takes us to be two down before things change, go up a gear and there is a bit of intensity and variation going forward.

See what happens on New Year's day at Twerton - a repeat of Maidstone away will be welcome.

Last edited by Argus (27/12/2023 10:41 AM)

26/12/2023 8:11 PM  #8

They've got some cheek to be moaning about our ground. At Twerton Park there are bits of metal sticking up from the concrete and a lack of crush barriers. Then there's the toilets....

26/12/2023 8:58 PM  #9

First half incredibly cagey. We were very immature with some of our play in the first half and created Baths opportunities.

Second half was much better and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point. Never ever a penalty to them but somehow there was a worse decision to follow with our disallowed goal.  God knows what the ref saw, AAH got up high and early and towered over Parselle. Perfectly fair goal and the referee who was already a 4/10 tumbled into a 2/10 with that decision. .

Ultimately when you compare budgets, I would scratch my head if I was the bath city owners after that - thousands a week more for that?  Nothing between the teams but that’s how football goes sometimes. Real chance on New Years Day

26/12/2023 10:00 PM  #10

The big decisions didn't go our way today and that was the only difference between the teams in a finely balanced game. I would have preferred us to have been more ambitious in the first half, both in terms of style of play and formation, as Joiner stated we seemed to be set up not to lose. That said a draw would have been a fair and deserved result. Not sure why it was so quiet for long periods of time considering the size of crowd.

New Years Day at Twerton Park will be very different I am sure. COYB

Board footera