BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/12/2023 4:23 PM  #1

Weymouth game

Chippenham 1 up…get in!

16/12/2023 5:03 PM  #2

Re: Weymouth game

Half time: 1-0.

16/12/2023 5:21 PM  #3

Damn…1-1!  

16/12/2023 5:59 PM  #4

Game over: 1-1

16/12/2023 10:04 PM  #5

First 20/25 I thought we were electric and then got a touch sloppy but defended well.

Second half started ok but terrible pressing for their goal let them up the pitch and then Harry Parsons showed what he’s about. Too many off days for me, firstly how Ed Williams got man of the match is beyond belief.  While he looks after the ball well, his final pass/decision was poor. I also thought Fas, Mehew and Bradbury were poor today too.

Weymouth are enthusiastic but they will be bottom 6. Frustrating draw with 4 tough games coming up.  Enjoy watching Dan Ellison by the way as he won’t be here for long. Another brilliant display for an 18 year old against a team who chuck it in.

Atmosphere again was woeful, those kids behind the goal need to buck up their ideas IMO.

Point.  Good win Tuesday and all is well again in the world.

16/12/2023 10:55 PM  #6

Funny old game wrote:

First 20/25 I thought we were electric and then got a touch sloppy but defended well.

Second half started ok but terrible pressing for their goal let them up the pitch and then Harry Parsons showed what he’s about. Too many off days for me, firstly how Ed Williams got man of the match is beyond belief.  While he looks after the ball well, his final pass/decision was poor. I also thought Fas, Mehew and Bradbury were poor today too.

Weymouth are enthusiastic but they will be bottom 6. Frustrating draw with 4 tough games coming up.  Enjoy watching Dan Ellison by the way as he won’t be here for long. Another brilliant display for an 18 year old against a team who chuck it in.

Atmosphere again was woeful, those kids behind the goal need to buck up their ideas IMO.

Unfortunately things have changed.
Two of the mains singers are gone.
One got banned and the other is now doing media.

Last edited by Behind the goal (16/12/2023 10:57 PM)

16/12/2023 11:50 PM  #7

Dan Ellison looks a very good player.Thought we played some good football from the back up to their penalty area,then it went a bit pear shape.Why do we have to try a pass the ball in the penalty area instead of shooting.Weymouth didn’t offer to much but Sod’s Law Parsons would score.Looked a reasonable attendance,but not too many from Weymouth.Happy Christmas to one and all.Let’s hope we can carry on our fa trophy run in 2024

16/12/2023 11:54 PM  #8

Looked like two teams at a similar level albeit with different playing styles.Once we went in front Weymouth had a bit more purpose going forward with Parsons always looking for a scoring opportunity.Thought we were often too safe with the ball, almost too controlled and risk averse - nobody done anything off the cuff. Our passing didn't move Weymouth around much - although to be fair they were organised. When in good shooting positions we decided often to make one more pass - passing up the opportunity. Changes today in selection and system (McClure, Haines, Owen-Evans on the bench and three at the back). Think we often drift out of games and find it hard to regain the initiative. Appreciate that rotation etc is a standard practice but can't help feeling a settled team and system is needed to stop the drifting out. That said - the players kept battling against a more physical opponent.

Positives - AAH very assured at the back and it is refreshing to see a youngster like Ellison who is aggressive and appears to view defending as his first task.

Last edited by Argus (17/12/2023 6:27 PM)

17/12/2023 12:21 AM  #9

Behind the goal wrote:

Funny old game wrote:

Unfortunately things have changed.
Two of the mains singers are gone.
One got banned and the other is now doing media.

Atmosphere was diabolical today and summed up a damp squib of a game, Will Henry keeping us in it. Weymouth will feel hard done by to only come away with a point second half they were the better side. Think the loud singer previously mentioned to be doing media was walking round the ground taking pictures today,  surely the lack of atmosphere is more important than some pictures.

17/12/2023 1:45 AM  #10

1-1 probably a fair result. Not sure whether those players deserve to be singled out- I didn't think anyone was particularly bad today, although I agree we were poor in the final third and should probably have been beating that Weymouth side. Amadi-Holloway also man of the match for me, very composed but put his body on the line when he had to. Luke Spokes should also get a mention, very tidy throughout, really think we have a classy player there.

Fair play to Parsons for not celebrating his goal, nice to see. On the whole a mildly disappointing display and result but not the end of the world.

Also this is completely inconsequential and probably not worth the effort of typing up but chanting "Chippenham are massive everywhere we go"... that is a chant for away games.

Last edited by Eden (17/12/2023 1:48 AM)

Board footera