BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/1/2024 10:01 PM  #11

Re: FA Trophy

blackandamber1 wrote:

Well we move on! Chippenham can’t buy a win! I said Chippenham are an ‘away’ side and I stand by that! On the basis of the Bluebirds winning at Maidstone (and seeing what they did yesterday), we must have a chance?
I’m investing my time and money on going next week, so I expect a performance!
Bromley are probably the second highest team that Chippenham have ever played away? There is the potential to be outclassed (as we were against Burton) and for it to over by HT.
You talk about dwindling attendances, well this is a make or break game!
Not expecting miracles, but please take the game to them. Stop this negative, playing out from the back! You are not Man City and it will backfire!
Good luck!

If you watch our highlights you would note that we let our first goal on Saturday in by kicking the ball long and then Losing a load of 50/50s and got torn apart down the middle. 

Bromley are one of the most physical teams in that league. Giants in certain parts of the pitch. The non league mentality of lump it and fight will not work with our small team of footballers.

I hope we try and play like we do every game which has seen us achieve a fair amount of success in a league where we are one of the smallest clubs.

Go watch Corsham.

09/1/2024 5:37 PM  #12

High worth are playing Holmesdale fc in the fa vase on Saturday, just down the road from Bromley 

09/1/2024 8:53 PM  #13

Funny old game wrote:

blackandamber1 wrote:

Well we move on! Chippenham can’t buy a win! I said Chippenham are an ‘away’ side and I stand by that! On the basis of the Bluebirds winning at Maidstone (and seeing what they did yesterday), we must have a chance?
I’m investing my time and money on going next week, so I expect a performance!
Bromley are probably the second highest team that Chippenham have ever played away? There is the potential to be outclassed (as we were against Burton) and for it to over by HT.
You talk about dwindling attendances, well this is a make or break game!
Not expecting miracles, but please take the game to them. Stop this negative, playing out from the back! You are not Man City and it will backfire!
Good luck!

If you watch our highlights you would note that we let our first goal on Saturday in by kicking the ball long and then Losing a load of 50/50s and got torn apart down the middle. 

Bromley are one of the most physical teams in that league. Giants in certain parts of the pitch. The non league mentality of lump it and fight will not work with our small team of footballers.

I hope we try and play like we do every game which has seen us achieve a fair amount of success in a league where we are one of the smallest clubs.

Go watch Corsham.

How to make friends and influence people. No wonder crowds are poor.
Your argument that kicking it long costs us goals has no basis, because you’ll also note that their 2nd goal came from a corner and our 2nd came from a long ball. See it can work if you mix it up a bit ;-)

10/1/2024 12:07 AM  #14

Wellard really surprised re your last post. You have been posting on this forum long enough to know if he(Funny Old Game) doesn't like your views you will get such a response. A few months back he told me to go and watch Bath because  I had the nerve to criticise the way we play. Wonder what Neil Blackmore thinks about him telling people to go and watch other clubs. Shame really.
Agree with your comments what is wrong with mixing the play up. It's as if the defenders have been told regardless of the way the game is going every goalkick must be played this way.
One final point about Funny Old Games posting. Can't understand how he thinks sitting in 17th place with 2 teams below us having games in hand is success.Down to opinions to which we are all entitled to have.

10/1/2024 1:32 PM  #15

My hopes for the Bromley game?  That we go there with a really positive team selection, play our football and take it to them.. rather than trying to stop them winning. My very rare criticisms of Gary Horgan in his time as Manager centre on his approach to the Burton game. Presumably thinking that we could do another Lincoln on them, we went to the Pirelli Stadium with a team selection that even before kick-off looked lacking in courage..  Not starting the game with your best player and the one most likely to conjure you a goal (Jordan Y)  was hugely frustrating  because Burton were never forced to leave their (extreme) comfort zone. By the time Jordan came on, the game was lost.  Being positive and ambitious doesn't mean being gung-ho,  but means we have to ask some serious questions of the Bromley defence,  as we did well of Bath in the first half at Twerton.  We were right off it against Hemel in the first half... second to most things, and toothless in attack. Once again, we only got positive and forward in numbers when we were 2-0 down,; it's becoming a pattern.  Again I'll say, we have the best quality players we've probably ever had.  Often that quality doesn't shine through in terms of numbers getting forward.

Now well into the second half of the season, the attacking conundrum is still baffling me. MM is self-evidently a quality player who should be earning his corn in and around the opposition penalty box.. (as he nearly did on 2 or 3 occasions at Tweron Park).  His gifts are predatory short bursts, speed on the turn  and physical presence. Too often he is playing a role unsuited to his talents, dropping deep and chasing shadows and trying to set up the very passes that he himself should be receiving not delivering.  AAH up front offers something different, but not sustainable over more than half a game.  Like FOG, who I agree,  is never going to get a job in the Diplomatic Service,  having a big front man just encourages a lot of speculative lumping up field.... the very tactic we want to get away from using on a regular basis. Should be strictly reserved for short term impact.
It maybe idealistic , but I wouldn't mind seeing us go 3 up front on Saturday.... maybe Tyreke,  Fas and MM.  Any 2 from Freddie/ Eddie or Alex as wing backs. Luke H, AAH, Dan E at the back... and Luke Spokes and Tom Mehew or Caine or Ed Williams in midfield. When we attack, we need to attack as a unit and trust we can handle the inevitable counter. If we don't worry them with our pace and speed of passing, they'll trample over us, I fear.

Board footera