BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2023 4:24 PM  #1

FA Trophy

Away to Bromley - last out the ‘hat’ again.

11/12/2023 4:27 PM  #2

Re: FA Trophy

They are currently 2nd in the National League, previous winners in 2022 and I assume full time. Hard draw but one to look forward to in January.

11/12/2023 4:34 PM  #3

Tough, tough task. Let's hope they have one eye on battling for promotion over a Trophy run. Ground has changed a lot since our last visit there in this competition, notably a 4G pitch which shouldn't phase us given our record on them. 

On our day, I fancy us to give anyone a good game. Looking forward to it already. 

11/12/2023 4:39 PM  #4

Tough, but do-able, as we have quality in the ranks.  And a gate that should be north of 2000... although we are hardly a glamour tie for them!! Can't complain at all. Fighting draw, perhaps, and then  bring them back to the TSS...?

11/12/2023 4:46 PM  #5

Straight to pens remember, so no replay

11/12/2023 4:52 PM  #6

Watched them earlier in the season against Blackpool in the FA Cup.

A very well run club, 4G pitch, it will be a tough game for the lads but I always back us to do well.

12/12/2023 10:15 PM  #7

That is a fantastic draw! Too bad it isn’t a home! Bromley will be looking at going in to the football league and an appearance at Wembley. There is no chance of them taking it easy!
Chippenham seem to reserve their best performances for away games so who knows? I’ve seen them at H&W twice on an artificial pitch and they were very good!
Really hope a coach is organised for this? My only fear is that it’s not a repeat of the Burton game and that it’s not over after 10 minutes!
Seem to remember the Chippenham keeper being decent at penalty saves! Bluebirds 5-4!

23/12/2023 7:58 PM  #8

Anyone watching Bromley v Altringham? Olomola? Looks recent.
Should imagine the Chippenham management will have travelled the 30 miles from Maidstone to see them!

07/1/2024 10:20 AM  #9

Well we move on! Chippenham can’t buy a win! I said Chippenham are an ‘away’ side and I stand by that! On the basis of the Bluebirds winning at Maidstone (and seeing what they did yesterday), we must have a chance?
I’m investing my time and money on going next week, so I expect a performance!
Bromley are probably the second highest team that Chippenham have ever played away? There is the potential to be outclassed (as we were against Burton) and for it to over by HT.
You talk about dwindling attendances, well this is a make or break game!
Not expecting miracles, but please take the game to them. Stop this negative, playing out from the back! You are not Man City and it will backfire!
Good luck!

08/1/2024 8:04 PM  #10

I’ve got the rose tinted glasses on and think we can come away with a famous win…

Looking forward to it.

Board footera