BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2023 7:55 PM  #11

Re: F.A. Trophy v Gloucester City

Enjoyable match with both sides going for it. Maybe the strong wind dictated that it was to be a topsy-turvy game. Thought Gloucester played well going forward and were dangerous at times but lacked a final pass or decent cross especially 1st half. Always felt that once McClure scored we would win as they looked defensively short on confidence. Maybe we switched off for a bit at 3-0 but these things can sometimes happen. McClure and Owen-Evans playing off Fas worked well. Maybe this tactic is a way forward for us and Fas is definitely having an impact through the middle.

Typical of Cook and his coaching brains to get in trouble and our lot got very angry with the linesman in the first half before our 2nd goal. The abuse or industrial language directed at linesmen does make you wonder why they wish to spend a Saturday afternoon going through that??!!!! Amusing to hear a few cheers to Cook's red card and jog of shame though!!

Expected better crowd and it is frustrating there has been no improvement in this after Yeovil. No doubt a good home draw in the next round will bring about a return from the once every so often visitors. Not sure if the next round is still regional or now a national affair?

Last edited by Argus (12/12/2023 9:40 PM)

09/12/2023 9:34 PM  #12

Good game for the neutral.

You saw our past vs our present/future and there can be no doubt that everything that has happened is for the best for this club.

Long balls and corners is all they had. We were miles ahead of them and they will do well to stay up as they aren’t really good at playing long!

09/12/2023 9:37 PM  #13

They were fortunate to get back in it. Sure it was handball by the letter of the rulebook, but when you are on the floor and the ball hits your arm I'm not sure how that it is fair to award a penalty. Their second goal shouldn't have happened if the ref had correctly awarded a foul against Freddie. Third goal well taken - no complaints. Other than that a very good day for Chippenham and a good game to watch for a neutral, shame the crowd was so small

10/12/2023 10:31 AM  #14

Video floating around on X this morning showing it’s clearly hit his back. No way ref gives that if we’re not 3-0 up and coasting.

As for attendances, I’m 90% sure we have the same comments at this time of year about the crows. Disposable income is lower, Christmas around the corner, it’s not much of a surprise. If we keep performing well, get a nice draw in the next round, they’ll creep back up again.

That said, just four wins from Wembley and a few lads in this squad with recent Trophy run experience

Last edited by 96chipp (10/12/2023 10:34 AM)

10/12/2023 4:06 PM  #15

Well that was great fun. Don't mind conceding three when we can score five (coaching staff and Will Henry will no doubt disagree!) Although it wasn't a big crowd for what was a relative derby game (?) I thought there was a decent atmosphere and I really enjoyed the game. Good to see four different scorers.

Importantly we are in the draw...assuming it now goes national I would like to see us drawn at home to one of the big northern clubs, one we haven't played before would be good maybe Hartlepool or Chesterfield.

Board footera