BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/11/2023 2:13 PM  #21

Re: Farnborough

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Argus wrote:

Rarely do I watch from behind the goals so I have not seen first hand the three or four concerning incidents (Weymouth and Farnborough last season), Taunton this season, but after making small talk with one of our younger supporters in the bar a few weeks ago, I was told that there were tensions between Farnborough and Chippenham and there could be a stand off when they came down to us. After being surprised that such hostility existed at our lower level, I enquired if this had been mentioned to the club and the stewarding team. I was told it had and was half expecting some notice from the club on social media that the stewarding throughout the ground would be ramped up as a precaution.

To the untrained eye something went wrong with the stewarding and I find it unbelievable that after punches being thrown at half time and a major incident at the start of the 2nd half, we see a flare chucked on the pitch from the cricket end at full time and no reaction from those deployed to eradicate issues like this. As Wellard says unless there is improvement, it will only drive family supporters away. We don't have enough of these as it is.

It is all very bizarre, back in my younger days I enjoyed the singing and atmosphere at games and still do but I distance myself these days a bit more. I was speaking to one of them in the bar on Saturday and was told similar. I asked what games/teams do they think there would be issues and was told Farnborough and Weymouth and that was it, I asked what about Bath, Torquay, Yeovil etc and he looked at me blank in the face and just said they will be fine it's the Farnborough and Weymouth games that are the issue, it's due to social media apparently and then carries over to matchday and there were tensions last season at the home games with those sides.

I would strongly suggest if it isn't in thoughts already that the Weymouth game is segregated. First half last night the atmosphere was good and then it died a death second half partly probably as the half time events shook them up a bit. They have walked that way to towards the Sheldon End multiple times this season without incident and I feel that the stewarding/security team should have been more on the ball.

The reason the stewards are so reluctant to kick racists/violent people out is that they don't have the capacity to deal with something larger scale that could start from trying to remove an individual and for public safety at that time even though they have punched somebody is it better to keep that person in ground rather than try remove them and cause a bigger incident.

Agree with the one way system, have home fans go past the tunnel and bar and in that way for future games. Our supporters not fighting back I was very impressed with and I think that was partly down to deterrent as they didn't want to be ejected or banned, had they been not so calm that could have been very nasty.

Just to give you the heads up Weymouth at home is being segregated.
Few things happen at the away game this season(not fighting).
We are told by the lad thats been banned from the home games for the rest of the season.

08/11/2023 5:06 PM  #22

08/11/2023 5:51 PM  #23

Having read all the comments,it seems to me that this playing out from the back from goal kicks wants to be scrapped.Will Henry is more than capable of kicking or throwing it out to one of our players further up the pitch.Spokes needs to chance his luck more from shooting from outside the box, the crossbar is probably still shaking from his effort last night.It might be coincidental that the crowd issues are happening since alcohol can be drank anywhere in the ground.With regard to the singing the old favourite the sheldon end is full of s##t has reappeared,no need for it, there are defently two older supporters who should know better.On a positive note since Ed Williams has returned we look a different team at home, long may it continue.He seems to cover every inch of the ground and wants the ball and do something positive with it.

08/11/2023 6:00 PM  #24

Was that a club statement or just a random ramble from Derek Crisip?  It’s crazy that we would get a FA Charge for an action by a visiting supporter. There was even a flare with yellow smoke from the alleged racist just to help confirm what team he supported.

Football reflects society and unfortunately we have had 2 vile mobs with Taunton and Farnborough. I would expect Yeovil to be the same.

Back to the football, all this moaning about out GK routines, can people not see the end goal with it?  There is clearly a purpose. I’ll also add, it’s not cost us any goals this season (to the best of my memory). We are on a very healthy points total and one of the highest scorers in the league. For direct, no nonsense football then go watch Corsham Town. For thoughtful passing football then come watch Chippenham. I know what I prefer.

08/11/2023 6:30 PM  #25

Funny old game wrote:

Was that a club statement or just a random ramble from Derek Crisip?  It’s crazy that we would get a FA Charge for an action by a visiting supporter. There was even a flare with yellow smoke from the alleged racist just to help confirm what team he supported.

Football reflects society and unfortunately we have had 2 vile mobs with Taunton and Farnborough. I would expect Yeovil to be the same.

Back to the football, all this moaning about out GK routines, can people not see the end goal with it?  There is clearly a purpose. I’ll also add, it’s not cost us any goals this season (to the best of my memory). We are on a very healthy points total and one of the highest scorers in the league. For direct, no nonsense football then go watch Corsham Town. For thoughtful passing football then come watch Chippenham. I know what I prefer.

Let’s not label the Yeovil fans before they arrived eh!!

Have you been watching the games? It’s cost us 2 goals against Hungerford, 1 against Dartford and I think, 1 against Havant.
No problem playing out from the back but when the opposition has worked it out and is closing you down like a mad badger, probably best to have a plan B and kick long. Rather than conceded goals, corners etc..
Time and a place for everything.
Worth having a different option come February when pitches will be awful.

Last edited by Wellard (08/11/2023 7:11 PM)

08/11/2023 6:47 PM  #26

How are Chippenham Town Football Club even in the slightest bit responsible for a supporter of another club shouting vile, racist abuse. There is nothing the club could physically do to stop that from happening. Hopefully this statement will also give the fans behind the goal some food for thought as well, even though they were not at fault last night that is clearly a final warning.

The racism and flare clearly came from Farnborough supporters so they are the ones who should surely face the consequences for that?

08/11/2023 7:23 PM  #27

Wellard wrote:

Funny old game wrote:

Have you been watching the games? It’s cost us 2 goals against Hungerford, 1 against Dartford and I think, 1 against Havant.
No problem playing out from the back but when the opposition has worked it out and is closing you down like a mad badger, probably best to have a plan B and kick long. Rather than conceded goals, goal kicks etc..

It did against Havant, you are right there but Hungerford goals did not come from playing out the back. They came from getting caught on the ball in open play. Dartford game was merely a back pass that Henry dwelt on, again not a GK. There is a difference between the two.

It’s 15 games in and if we win Saturday we will likely be in the play offs so I would strap yourselves in for more of it as there ie a strong case that it’s working towards our overall play. Each week we will get better but there will be mistakes - I’d much rather that than going back to watching Mike Cook’s team or Nathan Rudge

08/11/2023 7:33 PM  #28

Funny old game wrote:

Wellard wrote:

Funny old game wrote:

No problem playing out from the back but when the opposition has worked it out and is closing you down like a mad badger, probably best to have a plan B and kick long. Rather than conceded goals, goal kicks etc..

It did against Havant, you are right there but Hungerford goals did not come from playing out the back. They came from getting caught on the ball in open play. Dartford game was merely a back pass that Henry dwelt on, again not a GK. There is a difference between the two.

It’s 15 games in and if we win Saturday we will likely be in the play offs so I would strap yourselves in for more of it as there ie a strong case that it’s working towards our overall play. Each week we will get better but there will be mistakes - I’d much rather that than going back to watching Mike Cook’s team or Nathan Rudge

Playing out from the back from the keeper and the first recipient of the pass isn’t expecting it and then loses it, yes in open play but starts from the keeper.
And you state we are one of the top scorers in the leagues, incorrect. We are 9th and have conceded more at home than we have scored.
Things look promising with the addition of Williams and Mehew but it’s only two games.
Also I think most aren’t comparing this squad with those of Cook and Rudge, more with the style we played last season under Horgan.

08/11/2023 11:23 PM  #29

The best home performance of the season for me, although the Farnborough manager afterwards was fuming that his players all played badly, I thought it was more a case of we played well. As has been well documented on here Ed Williams and Tom Mehew have made such a difference.

As for the off field issues, I know of two regular fans who won't be going to any more evening games and quite frankly I understand how they feel. I've said on here before the club needs to consider segregation at all games.

09/11/2023 12:02 AM  #30

Agree with everything Wellard says. I would say,well at least as far as those who post on this forum, Funny Old Game is the only voice in support of all this mucking around at the back. OK mix it up,play it around in the penalty area, long goal kicks or throw/kick out to full backs. But every single time passing around in the penalty area not for me. The goals given away in the games mentioned to my knowledge were as a result of playing in and around the penalty area. Last night twice in the first half we nearly got caught mucking around in the penalty area. And in the second half Henry nearly got caught out a couple of times hanging on to the ball too long. How many times this season have we seen Henry having to kick the ball under pressure from oncoming opponents. A straight goalkick at times the safest option

Board footera